Trooper trailer

b63215b

Adventurer
Very nice work. Do you plan on painting the trailer? What do you estimate the weight to be?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

outofrshell

Adventurer
I have thought of painting the lower panel of the top blue with stars reversed stencilled so they would be aluminum color. Other thought was to have a vinyl wrap made for the entire top doing a topographical theme. The trail weighs about a 1000 lbs , some one the main frame was done by a friend (welder) he had a lot of 2x2x.120 on hand as left over from another job so that was used which was over kill and added a lot of weight I was trying for 700 -800 lbs. It is now nearly finished at the seamstress so there will be a more photos posted soon. thanks Dave

outofrshell

Adventurer
trailer is done and first trip was a long dirt trail thru the Red Dessert to South Pass area in Wyoming. Tows and rides very nice with very little bounce. The finished weight loaded is 1520lbs
IMG-0306.jpgIMG-0307.jpgIMG-0309.jpgIMG-0311.jpg

bemerritt

very cool design. Did you make the tent yourself, or did you shop it out? Would love t omake my own design with a custom tent, but the tent part seems to loom as a major hurdle

outofrshell

Adventurer
The canvas was done by a local upholsterer - Kristy Cushing, Red Dog Upholstery she did an absolutely fantastic job. The canvas is held by common sense fasteners so it can be easily removed, the zippers are super duty and windows are tear resistant screen. One thing that did help Kristy was that she had the trailer in her shop so she fit every thing perfectly. I think that doing the tent would be a very daunting task not that it couldn't be done DYI just seeing Kristy work I realized I would have been in way over my head.

outofrshell

Adventurer
More Trooper parts, roof rack from a 1990 Trooper. This. Is very light weight and is only going to be used for things like lawn chairs and such. Not sure how much more lift the struts have so want keep easy to open.6C01B9F0-8EF6-470F-9771-A51BE13B70B2.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles