Troopy!! Bend, OR

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Prices for just about anything listed for sale in the Bend, Portland and Seattle area CL postings consistently seem to be much higher than those for similar things found for sale in many other western US metropolitan areas (I’ve frequently spent parts of my summers up there and have noticed this for the past ? years).

That being said, if you are trying to sell a rig that is a bit more unusual than other, standard builds, and are located in the western half of the US, I’d strongly encourage you to try to get your best deal by listing it for sale up there.

TheDeliverator

But,
Who wont gladly pay several grand extra for RHD bragging rights ?
There is no domestic equivalent to 75 Series Troopy. All must be imported as these were never sold here in the US.

Are you perhaps mistaking this with a 77 series? Many Australians prefer the 75 for it's extra length and fuel capacity for touring. Dual petrol\diesel tanks were available as an option as well. Toyota is still producing these and if you live in Australia can be purchased new.

For most of it's production Troopy's were made with both RHD\LHD. European\Middle East\Latin America are LHD and JDM\Australia are RHD.

I am not affiliated with this seller, nor attempting to justify the price.

umpqua

Observer
If you want one, find one that isn't beat. Import it to the U.S. See how much it will cost you to do this and this one's already here and seemingly in good shape. There's a market and it's strong. I watch these things and given that it's RHD I'd say yeah it's slightly on the high side but only slightly. I'm sure the seller left a little wiggle room.

This truck will sell at or near the selling price within a week. My best guess only.

And yes, I'm in Portland. No affiliation and doubt I know the seller......

umpqua

Observer
I saw that truck at Expo and it's nice for sure. Not sure about 140k worth of nice but nice just the same.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
If you want one, find one that isn't beat. Import it to the U.S. See how much it will cost you to do this and this one's already here and seemingly in good shape. There's a market and it's strong. I watch these things and given that it's RHD I'd say yeah it's slightly on the high side but only slightly. I'm sure the seller left a little wiggle room.

This truck will sell at or near the selling price within a week. My best guess only.

And yes, I'm in Portland. No affiliation and doubt I know the seller......

It’s very expensive. I could import one for at least 10 grand cheaper

Mushadd

It’s not really that expensive to import, unless you’re lazy and hire a broker to handle all the paperwork.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz