Truck loads of Land Cruiser double cab pickups in South Florida this week

We should boycott ALL purchases of Toyota vehicles across North America until they bring the 70 Series here for domestic sales!! I’m not joking either. Those rat bastards would cave pretty quick if we could pull it off.
I have refused to buy a Toyota USA vehicle since my new 69 FJ40. Since then I’ve had a BJ40 (new), BJ60 amd OJ40.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I bet those Armada's would be pretty slick with a slight lift and bigger tires, but I don't disagree. The interiors are pretty bad too, hello 2003...

That would help, but realistically most vehicles look ok with lift and tires even if they are butt ugly stock. I’m still not dropping $50 large on an Armada, or any new vehicle frankly. Now a nice used G might absorb that easily;)

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
They don't sell Land Cruisers in Canada. Only the Lexus version since 1997 I think.

The last actual Land Cruiser model sold in Canada was supposed to be the 1996 model year, but I’ve never seen a single 80 series that originated in Canada. Every one I’ve seen (a lot) have been USA or JDM imports. In real world terms, the ‘89 HJ62 was the last readily available Land Cruiser sold here. As of ‘96 the LX450s started showing up, and are fairly common.

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
Australians love american trucks. The thing is they are rare and expansive. Parts may become a problem as opposed to the 70 series which every bogan can fix and find a part for.

Here is a video what an Australian overlander did to his RAM. This guy has some good videos of that RAM perfoming very good in Australian outback. An in many cases the RAM shows better MPG than his TLC 200.
Cummins 18L/100km vs Toyota 25L/100km.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles