Tubs: My 2004 E350 Build

bdog1

Adventurer
Get a one way valve. (Commonly called a shotgun shell). Find the supply line under the hood and add it inline. The one that looks like a "shotgun shell" has a mini vacuum chamber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86scotty

Cynic
I've had 3 e-series vans do this. It's really annoying. One that I own now does it. I guess I need to figure out the fix. There is some info on this on FTE forums but I haven't looked at it in years.

Great pics BTW! Looks like you guys are having a ball. Have you hit the road full time or still based in North Ga?

I've had 3 e-series vans do this. It's really annoying. One that I own now does it. I guess I need to figure out the fix. There is some info on this on FTE forums but I haven't looked at it in years.

Great pics BTW! Looks like you guys are having a ball. Have you hit the road full time or still based in North Ga?

Thanks!

We have been on the road more or less since mid April. We are winding down now. We had a couple of logistical issues (pets being a big one) that deemed we have a time limit. So this time we only got 3 1/2 months. We are going back to stay with in-laws for a couple months before making a decision on where out west we are moving to.

Finally fixed the A/C the other day. It has been bothering me for at least a 1 1/2 years and if I would have known that I could have fixed it for $15 and 30 mins time I would have done it a long time ago!

I decided to bypass the culprit, a leaky vacuum resubmit, due it being hidden in the deepest depths of the engine bay.

I read several ways to bypass it but feel mine was definitely easiest.

I located the red line that comes up from the engine and to the passenger side of engine bay that plugged into this black connector.

793075bf5b31932cc5a6ce1484cfe1df.jpg

I took the dog house off the van and found where the line ran to. It was on middle, top of the engine to the passenger side. There are two lines there. Make sure you get the right one.

(Sorry, no picture of this.)

I pulled the red vacuum line down from the engine bay and into the dog house area. I drilled a 1/2" hole thru the firewall and pulled the red vacuum line thru the grommet that was on the black line and into passenger side foot well.

a4a84b285b792f90e10dd87863453378.jpg

There is a black line coming into the passenger foot well from where the top of your right foot would be. Careful pull on this line and it will disconnect from the reservoir inside the engine bay.

You should have a red line coming into the passenger well directly from the engine. This is the side with vacuum. You should also have a black line that hangs down from a connector up under the dash. This line needs vacuum to keep the blender door open.

The only part needed to buy is a new vacuum reservoir. Factory replacement is ridiculous $. I found this part at O'Reilly Auto.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000...+reservoir&dpPl=1&dpID=41JoXHapf3L&ref=plSrch

Now you simply plug the red line into the big port and black line into the smaller port with some of the fittings you disconnected or from parts store. Now tuck away.

e3e97387e2c2970d05b7eeebfeb65bc1.jpg

4b89aaa9907ec033199ca94252528123.jpg

Clear as mud?

martinli

Hello Joe,
very nice build! You gave me a couple of ideas for my own build out. Thanks!

One question, how did you mount the curtain rail that holds the curtain to the front?

greetings,
Martin

Hello Joe,
very nice build! You gave me a couple of ideas for my own build out. Thanks!

One question, how did you mount the curtain rail that holds the curtain to the front?

greetings,
Martin
Hello Martin, figured I would reply on here in case any else was interested.

To hang the curtain I simply drilled thru the back of the factory coat hooks into a short piece of tapered dowel rod. Found a piece of aluminum tube and cut to length. Very simple.

Thanks for the compliment!

Joe
50c744cccb6bcb8bfca3f418a4e27479.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So it's been a minute but thougth get back on and give an update and ask a question.

We have travelling in the van a good bit but bought a large camper to live in full time until we can build a house so needed a bit more oomph!

Saw a guy selling a MG 4WD coil kit plus axles and transfer case for a good price. After talking to the guy for a while I ended buying his van too!

It's a 75k mile 04 with the 6.0 diesel. I was hesitant about the engine but going to bulletproof it and see how it goes. It should pull our camper much better.

It was a former fire Dept vehicle so it is super clean and had good records. It was used as a resupply vehicle so figure it was only used on working structure fires and that means it wasn't abused too much.

I will make sure to update as I start building it this summer.

With all that being said, trying to get an idea of the value of my current van, Tubs? No clue how to price it. KBB is crazy low in my opinion.

Has 138k miles. Clean, full basic interior, roof rack, fresh suspension and steering. 10k on Jasper engine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Edit: can we not add pics now on Tapatalk???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz