Tundra vs F150

Status
Not open for further replies.

F350joe

That's definitely impressive, but definitely not the norm.

Ford beat on the EcoBoost pretty hard in testing:

There are A few stories of million mile fords, and even Chevy, on the google. Tundra has a couple, didn’t see any dodges. modern diesels, I suspect, drag the new model domestic trucks down. Toyota was probably smart to stay away from diesel in the states. According to this thread, dependability is all the tundra has going for it, wouldn’t want to mess that up dealing with diesel emissions.

Wondering if the lack of power and bad mpg contribute to the longevity of the Tundra?

D

Deleted member 9101

Wondering if the lack of power and bad mpg contribute to the longevity of the Tundra?

The Tundra is the best of yesterdays technology. They have had damn near a decade to get it right. Other manufacturers constantly innovate and modernize... Toyota has never followed that route.

Their reputation for reliability is there only selling point these days, rarely do their vehicles out perform the competition in a noticable way.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
The Tundra is the best of yesterdays technology. They have had damn near a decade to get it right. Other manufacturers constantly innovate and modernize... Toyota has never followed that route.

Their reputation for reliability is there only selling point these days, rarely do their vehicles out perform the competition in a noticable way.

Yup. Sit down in a Toyota and instantly...you are transported to 2010...

tacollie

Glamper
Yup. Sit down in a Toyota and instantly...you are transported to 2010...
I love getting into my 08 and knowing it feels like a 10+?

If the tundra is lacking in power you probably need an HD truck. In my experience all working trucks get bad gas milage but not working the tundra is last in line for mpgs.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER

Nailed it.

And as a selling point it is loosing its effectiveness as Toyota reliability has been slipping for quite some time.

While is might be that (with regards to reliability) MFGs like Ford are simply catching up, the facts are simple.
Toyota has really only had reliability as a selling point. They have never had much more.

Sure they are reliable, but everything is relative. Most vehicles are incredibly reliable these days.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Wish these guys would go troll the same forum in the Ford board.

''Stop liking what I don't like.'' HahahhahHah.

2016-lucas-off-road-expo-ford-f150.jpg

xnt7ep0335h11.jpg

Tundra vs F150 is a pretty popular topic. But it's comparing an old actress, to a young supermodel.

Your choice. Don't take it personally like the dodge guys.

Last edited:

FJR Colorado

Explorer
People who claim "You only like your Toys because they're reliable!" reminds me of when Ruben Sierra was traded from the Yankees during their late-90s dynasty and told the press (sic) "Good! I'm glad I got traded! That organization is consumed with just one thing: winning!"

D

Deleted member 9101

Sure they are reliable, but everything is relative. Most vehicles are incredibly reliable these days.

I have owned 1 F350,1 S10, 1 Frontier, 4 F150's and 2 Tundras... all of them were reliable trucks. The only truck I have owned that gave me problems was a Dakota R/T...and that was probably to blame on the two stage, 100 shot I was running...lol.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I have owned 1 F350,1 S10, 1 Frontier, 4 F150's and 2 Tundras... all of them were reliable trucks. The only truck I have owned that gave me problems was a Dakota R/T...and that was probably to blame on the two stage, 100 shot I was running...lol.
That's been my experience as well. Owned a lot of makes. Couple small issues with some but, nothing major. Pick your poison....

nickw

Adventurer
That's been my experience as well. Owned a lot of makes. Couple small issues with some but, nothing major. Pick your poison....
Same things I was pointing out with an earlier post - I've owned domestic, foreign, Audi's, VW, Toyotas, new and old....they all needed maintenance and fixin' now and again, no major problems with any of them.

Audi's have a great driving experience, Toyota was cheaper to own, both were 'reliable', pick your poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior