Tundra vs F150

Status
Not open for further replies.

F350joe

I think my 4runner (22RE) had ~300k miles on the OEM clutch when I replaced it. And I think collectively the older Toyota community would suggest maybe you're a little rough on your clutches?

Ultimately, I find the whole thing hard to believe...

Wierd, I've never seen the leaf spring recall worded that way... That's a REALLY big if IMO, sucks if that's what happened to yours.

Nope, they put a light duty car clutch in it, from the factory, and every time was replaced under warranty, nothing to do with my driving. I went to a different dealer the fourth time who figured out it had the wrong clutch. None of my fords ever had the wrong part put in at the factory. Big enough fire risk “if” to recall 700,000 Tacomas, despite your opinion. Insurance company investigated, didnt give me the results but was told it’s not the first Tacoma to burn down. Believe what you want, I presented facts, you give fanboy opinions. The 22re was so underpowered you could use a paper plate as a clutch. Does the older 22re community consist of you and like 5 other people who also hold up big rigs and priuses 515716in the slow lane?

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Nope, they put a light duty car clutch in it, from the factory, and every time was replaced under warranty, nothing to do with my driving. I went to a different dealer the fourth time who figured out it had the wrong clutch. None of my fords ever had the wrong part put in at the factory. Big enough fire risk “if” to recall 700,000 Tacomas, despite your opinion. Insurance company investigated, didnt give me the results but was told it’s not the first Tacoma to burn down. Believe what you want, I presented facts, you give fanboy opinions. The 22re was so underpowered you could use a paper plate as a clutch. Does the older 22re community consist of you and like 5 other people who also hold up big rigs and priuses View attachment 515716in the slow lane?

You’re a ford fanboy look at your name. I’m sure you had a 3.0 and had that many issue with it. I’m sure you did.

F350joe

This seems weird. If Dealer fixing it, They would lookup and have correct parts on hand before they even put it on their lift.

Or just pull the old one out and replace it with the same wrong part number. The dealer that got it right did good. First tried to blame my driving but when then realized the other dealer was putting in the wrong one every time, got it covered. 3.0 is the ford 6.0 of Toyota, it wasn’t just clutch issues.

F350joe

You’re a ford fanboy look at your name. I’m sure you had a 3.0 and had that many issue with it. I’m sure you did.

I am a fan of quality, yes. My Bronco, Explorer, Escape, and current 20yo f350, combined, have had less issues than my first 3.0 Toyota. The Tacoma was a good truck, until it died a fiery death. I don’t know, maybe I just got lucky with my 4 fords and unlucky with the Toyotas.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I am a fan of quality, yes. My Bronco, Explorer, Escape, and current 20yo f350, combined, have had less issues than my first 3.0 Toyota. The Tacoma was a good truck, until it died a fiery death. I don’t know, maybe I just got lucky with my 4 fords and unlucky with the Toyotas.
My family has had good and bad of each. Just a crap shoot to me. We've had good Volvo's and bad ones, good GM's and bad ones, good Mopars and bad ones etc...

Try and avoid ones built on a Friday afternoon or Monday morning? I dunno. lol

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
Or just pull the old one out and replace it with the same wrong part number. The dealer that got it right did good. First tried to blame my driving but when then realized the other dealer was putting in the wrong one every time, got it covered. 3.0 is the ford 6.0 of Toyota, it wasn’t just clutch issues.
I'm not trying to say that the 3.0 is a good motor, it isn't. But it was a good representation of the market offerings at the time. We're taking a time machine back 3 decades at this point.

I think overall you've had some really bad luck. But honestly, I don't think we're ever going to get a decently subjective discussion going.

battleaxe

Captain Obvious
Insurance company investigated, didnt give me the results but was told it’s not the first Tacoma to burn down. Believe what you want, I presented facts, you give fanboy opinions. The 22re was so underpowered you could use a paper plate as a clutch. Does the older 22re community consist of you and like 5 other people who also hold up big rigs and priuses in the slow lane?
Fanboy opinions? So, because it's your narrative it is therefore fact?

And yeah, the 22RE is slow as hell. And old. Just like the 3VZ that you hate so much. FROM THIRTY YEARS AGO. Shocking how there's an entire performance industry built around them, and you can still buy them for a reasonable price...

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader

Oohhh so it’s ok for you to be a fanboy. But not others. I get it

F350joe

Fanboy opinions? So, because it's your narrative it is therefore fact?

And yeah, the 22RE is slow as hell. And old. Just like the 3VZ that you hate so much. FROM THIRTY YEARS AGO. Shocking how there's an entire performance industry built around them, and you can still buy them for a reasonable price...

6.0 has an industry built around it as well. A 30yo Toyota is not much different than a new one. I actually agree with the other poster that all modern trucks are pretty equal, they just fill different niches. I just like talking trash about Toyota because I can. This thread is all about how reliable Toyotas are but my experience has been anything but.

And it’s okay for others to be fanboys, as long as they are ford fanboys. Fangirls are cool too but no need to drag the Jeep people in on this.

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
6.0 has an industry built around it as well. A 30yo Toyota is not much different than a new one. I actually agree with the other poster that all modern trucks are pretty equal, they just fill different niches. I just like talking trash about Toyota because I can. This thread is all about how reliable Toyotas are but my experience has been anything but.

And it’s okay for others to be fanboys, as long as they are ford fanboys. Fangirls are cool too but no need to drag the Jeep people in on this.

So you’re just s troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94