TundraBirds Go! Picture Thread for Tundras and T-100s

Shradicalwyo

Adventurer
574271ec7b8ec0a4f19d3b57fbeee204.jpg

Hanging out in Yosemite last week.

Goals.

PaulyWalnuts

Testing out the Discoverer S/T MAXX in 35s on the single cab. A bit of a poser shot but I was solo so I couldn't film the fun stuff very well. The Tundra's "Auto-LSD" isn't super awful but gears (since it's my daily) and ARB are on the list next before I start outfitting with expo type stuff.

BMC2knE.jpg

Jb1rd

Explorer
Problems with peeling window trim/sash on Tundras???

The window sashes/trim/moulding on my 05 DC are peeling badly and in my opinion makes my truck look neglected/shoddy, anyone else dealing with this and have you come up with a solution? I tried a heat gun to just peel the rest of it off but what is on there is stuck like the dickens. Looked online and the junk yards for replacements and they are EXPENSIVE to replace and non existent at the JY. I know it is not crucial but it buggs the holy living crap out of me every time I walk up to it. Suggestions/help/tips would be awesome!! Any help flipping uploaded photos would be great too, They were positioned correctly when I imported them.

Attachments

• IMG_1769.jpg
    IMG_1769.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2412.jpg
    IMG_2412.jpg
    543 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2414.jpg
    IMG_2414.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 9101

The window sashes/trim/moulding on my 05 DC are peeling badly and in my opinion makes my truck look neglected/shoddy, anyone else dealing with this and have you come up with a solution?

Painted mine with plasti-dip. looks new.

D

Deleted member 9101

How many coats did you do? The plastic coating that is peeling is pretty darn thick. Did you remove them from the truck or just mask them off?

Masked them off and did like 8-10 coats. I got it pretty thick. Only hard part is taking off the tape and not peeling off the plastidip.

Jb1rd

Explorer
The window sashes/trim/moulding on my 05 DC are peeling badly and in my opinion makes my truck look neglected/shoddy, anyone else dealing with this and have you come up with a solution? I tried a heat gun to just peel the rest of it off but what is on there is stuck like the dickens. Looked online and the junk yards for replacements and they are EXPENSIVE to replace and non existent at the JY. I know it is not crucial but it buggs the holy living crap out of me every time I walk up to it. Suggestions/help/tips would be awesome!! Any help flipping uploaded photos would be great too, They were positioned correctly when I imported them.

My solution turned out to be "good from afar, but far from good" however, $11 versus $200 I'll deal with it. 1 can self etching primer and one can spray on bed liner from HD a few hours of prep and spray/drying time and I can live with it. The last couple pics illustrate the depth of disparity between the existing plastic that peeled and the truck bed coating. Like I said its livable but not for those with OCD tendencies. ****For those wondering why I didn't try to peel all of the original plastic, I tried my best and it was not easy, even tried a heat gun with little success. I ended up using a razor blade and tried to shave the plastic down as best as I could.
2a5caa4824d8c908c6fd217a95fc3fcc.jpg
4aa24cafd3b46f62e6232762deaba692.jpg
d63107de0aca843377a1c7475dd406bf.jpg
cb6e28149db8fcc6f438ededca9bbae8.jpg
e7f9477d626cd2d2d31a8dea7727af27.jpg
bd81c6a280edca94334d0ddf18c891c6.jpg
afc853529d42a6a170555f31e6589613.jpg

Sent by magic, I mean come on really, pictures through thin air, MAGIC!!!

Last edited:

Bigskyerik

I have 2015 SR. How'd you decide on your suspension upgrade? I want about two inches of lift but don't want just cosmetics, I'd like capable suspension too. Also do you have airbags or add a leafs in the rear, it doesn't look like you have any sag even with gear and a bike. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior