Turbo Diesel Ford Bronco

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
What ever happend to this concept car? Make sense to me with the new FJ....

bronco_2.jpg

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2004-Ford-Bronco-Concept.htm

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/040105-10.htm

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
I love the old Bronco's. I couldn't convince the parents to let me buy one when I was 16. There was a real nice one for sale down the street too.

As far as the concept goes, it looks great. I don't think they have any intention of building it though.

CLynn85

Explorer
I loved that concept when it came out. It's prolly one of my favorite SUV concepts from any of the manufacturers. I really wish they would have put that into production, it even got good reviews from the media and a lot of attention. Whereas toyota saw this with their FJ and put it into production, Ford seems to have missed the boat.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Don't get to down about it yet, Ford has not yet stated that they will not put it into production. I am still holding out hope for it, but if they do put it into production I bet it will not come with the diesel.

DBS311

Adventurer
What worries me about this concept Bronco is the drivetrain. IFS/IRS, single speed transfer case, operates in front wheel drive until there is slip and then sends power to the rear. Escape 4wd system in a retro Bronco??? No thanks.

calamaridog

Expedition Leader
DBS311 said:
What worries me about this concept Bronco is the drivetrain. IFS/IRS, single speed transfer case, operates in front wheel drive until there is slip and then sends power to the rear. Escape 4wd system in a retro Bronco??? No thanks.

It looked cool but nothing good under the skin:mixed-smiley-030:

Too bad too, they could build a great rig if they opened up the parts bin.

Diesel Joe

Observer
There was a (I think it still exists) V6 powerstroke that was under developement. That's what they were thinking about for this concept I believe. It is strange to me how Ford can come out with a GT40 and not see the benefit of remaking the Bronco!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!

Maddmatt

Explorer
Blah blah blah, I just typed a couple paragraphs about this truck and realized that it was pointless. Since I'm without my bunny with a pancake on his head picture I'll just give my highlights.
1) I like this Bronco design
2) Ford needs products like this, so I will hold out hope until I hear from Ford that they have officially dropped it.
3) A V6 Powerstroke would be nice.
4) I'm OK with IFS, but not with front wheel drive. It needs a true transfer case.
5) If any Ford execs doubt the market for "retro" 4x4's, they need to come to Colorado, where FJ Cruisers are starting to become almost as prevalent as Subarus, no mean feat since Subarus account for 1 out of every 4 cars on the road around here (by my count).

That's all I have to say about that.
-Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke