Two Rivian R1T being tested down in Tierra Del Fuego

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Somehow I had missed that big news. Pretty impressive I think.

It seems like Ewan McGregor's has a new travel show coming up. It looks like they may be driving the PanAm with these trucks (and with a support crew, with two Sprinter 4x4 and a Ford 6.2). And apparently even four(4) Harley LiveWire! Quite an odyssey.

(all images credit to AutoBlog.com.ar)

rayra

Expedition Leader
The say anything about how they are re-charging the Rivian enroute? That van in your post seems to have a large expandable solar array on the roof.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Lone Rider
by speth Beard
From $16.23
Motorcycle Messengers 2: Tales from the Road by Writers w...
by Jeremy Kroeker, Ted Simon, Lois Pryce, Billy Ward,...
From $9.99

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
The say anything about how they are re-charging the Rivian enroute? That van in your post seems to have a large expandable solar array on the roof.
They have posted multiple images on Instagram of the cars being plugged in various locations - hotels, gas stations and such. Not much details about how long it takes though, but given their fast pace I am guessing it's not too dramatic.

If they are truly continuing all the way up to Alaska without waiting for spring/summer, it will be interesting to see how the batteries fare in really cold temps.

Todd n Natalie

Observer
Where will it air? YouTube, Netflix or Prime?

I read two books featuring Ewan McGregor on motorcycle trips and they were good reads. Looking forward to this.

Todd n Natalie

Observer
So, this had me looking up the first two trips again: Long way round and Long way down. It looks like they are on Amazon Prime according to google, but they are't showing up anywhere when I search my Amazon Prime when I'm logged in. Am I missing something? Does anyone know if Long way up be available on Amazon Prime?

Recommended books for Overlanding

999 Days Around Africa: The Road Chose Me
by Dan Grec, Dan Grec
From $19.95
Crossing the Congo: Over Land and Water in a Hard Place
by Mike Martin, Chloe Baker, Charlie Hatch-Barnwell
From $23.65