Tyler's Shower Build

Abitibi

Explorer
I just called Solo order desk and told them what I was after. I think the number is (757)245-5531 or just check www.solousa.com

They first only sent me the actual pump without the red screw on cap but after a second phone call they sent me another complete one with extra seal kit for free so can't argue with service!

Cheers
Mr. D

pcut

Adventurer
Just saw this thread and am back from Home Depot, happy to report that they( the Park City, UT store) have everything you need. The Solo sprayer is the 430-2g model and I took the Scepter 20L water can in to make certain it fits. With this and my custom footwell water tank, I'll have almost 20 gallons on board- plenty for drinking and showers for a week for 2 plus dog! Pumped it up and it sprayed plenty of water for a quick shower on few pumps. The sides bulge out a fair amount, depending on how much air you pump in but pressure held fine. The hand sprayer has an on/off switch so you can regulate the flow very well. Great gadget that I can't wait to start using out in the boonies!

Last edited:

magentawave

Adventurer
Maybe I missed it while reading this thread, but how many gallons can you fill the Reliance 5 gallon container with and still leave room for pressurizing it?

Not sure if someone makes one but a black 5 gallon container would be great for warming in the sun.

Great write-up by the way. Thanks!

AnzaJeep

Observer
I love this. I liked it so much, I made my own (cheap version). I went to harbor freight and bought their 2 gallon Hudson sprayer for $13.00 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375910877.994773.jpg
I had this kitchen sink sprayer laying around ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375910957.183715.jpg
Some very minor trimming of some plastic, and it threaded perfectly where the wand use to attach. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375911078.316111.jpg
I was afraid it wouldn't have the pressure or volume for the sprayer; however, it has plenty of both and works great. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375911177.920785.jpg

Chevrolado

Cruisin'
Sweet! Nice work. I like it. :ylsmoke:

I have to be honest though.. when I first saw the can.. I thought you were just going to say "Step 1; fill can with water. Step 2; dump it on your head. Rinse and repeat as necessary." :D

magentawave

Adventurer
Then there is this black tank garden sprayer which is great for solar heating for $16 at Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/RL-Flo-Ma...gMethod=Recommendation:wm:RecentlyViewedItems or $20 at Home Depot. Add a dish sprayer or shower head and you are good to go. If you don't want to hassle buying individual parts Duckworks offers a pump shower sprayer using the same black tank with shower head for $40 complete: http://www.duckworksbbs.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RLF&CartID=0

Does anyone know where I can find quick-connect/quick-release connectors similar to air compressor hose connectors that are okay to use with water?

UPDATE: I just noticed that the black deck sprayer at Home Depot is 2.5 gallons whereas the one at Walmart is only 2 gallons.

Last edited:

robgendreau

Explorer
Another way to go is to put a faucet in the narrow hole in the LCI can lid. A PVC or tube goes on the other end into the tank. Then drill a hole and add a tire valve. Use any garden hose and nozzle for shower; bike pump or compressor to pressurize. Sit it in sun to heat or add hot water.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376004773.039010.jpg

magentawave

Adventurer
Thanks. I like that everything on your LCI can lid is off-the-shelf stuff that can be easily replaced. Do BPA free plastic military style water cans exist?

Clutch

<---Pass
This

spigot.jpg aluminum-shower-head-192950.jpg

plus this

192559_ts.jpg

can toss it on a two burner stove, then put on roof of vehicle, so it is gravity fed.

paint it high temp black paint, can be solar as well

no batteries, no pumps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles