UAV-TT (off-road tent trailer) build

Xodius

Adventurer
I actually called the DMV about a de milled trailer and got a total run around between not being able to register to it is scrap to you're an idiot. Did they jerk your chain on that crap too?

silvrzuki77

explorer
No I was prepared lol. You see a lot of guys on craigslist selling them with a bill of sale only. You can not get them registered that way, at least in nevada. I bought mine at auction and than had to pay the extra $60 for the titling from govliq. As soon as I pulled up to the inspection station they asked for those 2 forms. Otherwise there is no way to title it as homebuilt or anything. Didnt have any trouble at the counter and got my plate.

silvrzuki77

explorer
e8yzu4ur.jpg

Here are the magical forms

moose2367

Should be able to get it over there, extruded rubber. Usually it's the other way round, you guys have stuff that we ant here in Oz

silvrzuki77

explorer
I had posted in the forums I found a company RandPcarriages.com that have a complete electric trailer axle with hand brakes! Going to set it up like my M116 trailer so I can lock each wheel independent. That way for what ever reason I was stuck on a trail we could spin it around one wheel at a time locked. Than hook it to another truck. Plus just unhooking at camp and not looking for chocks will be awesome!

silvrzuki77

explorer
Alright guys what do you think?
dadytu5u.jpg
6yze5epa.jpg

uqyrypug.jpg

egare9us.jpg

Right now it sits at 5'4" tall. Stock frame is 24" off the ground which is actually level with my hummers trailer hitch. Right now is basically full bump, so its going to sit roughly 3"-4" higher?
Obviously its high, but I will be building a heavier duty subframe for the trailing arms to attach to. I am going to order a 2-30 gallon water tank that will be behind the axle to help balance it since I am pushing the axle back roughly 8" and its going to be tongue heavy right now.

Lets hear your guys ideas and concerns!

bonomonster

Adventurer
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!... Just remember to unroll the awning before you lift the pop up cause you'll never reach it when that thing is open..

Boog2001

Family Adventurer
Very nice. Now I've just got to talk the wife into letting me do this with ours.

How tongue heavy? You might want to tow with it before installing the water tanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior