Ujoint Offroad Colorado van build thread!

Raul

Adventurer
You should see the concept car from that era.
I think I prefer Justin's better. Low profile off-road tires makes me cringe and I can do without the blowup Tupperware around the fenders and rockers. Justin approach is more function over form.

screwball48

Explorer
I think I prefer Justin's better. Low profile off-road tires makes me cringe and I can do without the blowup Tupperware around the fenders and rockers. Justin approach is more function over form.
Oh for sure. Justin’s would make the perfect work vehicle for myself. Long road stretches with minor rough roads at the end.

UjointoffroadCO

The IPD car was certainly the catalyst for the lifted volvo movement. It was pretty crazy, built with volvo factory engineers. It had the 4.4 yamaha v8 from the xc90 in it, air struts, completely custom subframes and control arms. Its very cool besides the 20" rockstar wheels.

Betarocker

Adventurer
I remember when 'everyone' wanted/needed/had KMC Rockstars. I also remember how many of them cracked. They were crap.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I remember when 'everyone' wanted/needed/had KMC Rockstars. I also remember how many of them cracked. They were crap.

I remember them being horrific back in 08, had a customer that wanted them and I tried so hard to talk him out of it!

Sigg

I love this thread so much! I'm a diehard Volvo guy who's recently found that two banks of 5 cylinders on a lifted van is pretty fun too. Haha. I'm sad I won't be able to spy cool bricks in the background of awesome van shots, but super stoked you're going off on your own. Genuinely wish you the best of luck, and will keep following this thread regardless!
*I've drooled over that IPD concept XC70 for years (minus the wheel/tire combo too), but only today learned they shoehorned the 4.4 V8 in there! I've been haggling my local Volvo indy to give that swap a go for ages. Haha. Your lifted XC is a sweet step-up from the Bad Swede lifted ones I typically see!

UjointoffroadCO

Finally got the pro pics of the last ujoint van out of the old shop! I'm absolutely in love with this one. I had a real hard time giving it back.

Specs:
2008 E250 5.4
6" ujoint kit with RSC upgrade front axle
Re-gear to 4.56 with cable ox locker rear
ujoint rear bumper
ujoint OBA
unknown brand front bumper
ujoint side steps
Method 701 wheels
35x12.5r17 yokohama geolander X A-T tires

UjointoffroadCO

Alright! On to the build of the new shop! Took me about a week to find a place, but I found a damn near perfect place. Its a little far out in the sticks, but to be honest I kinda like that.
lift going in

Building some stairs to the parts storage over the office

Office pretty much all wrapped up

Pretty much all moved in now! Im accepting appointments for anytime starting next week! Dm is best way to get ahold of me right now as I don't have anything setup quite yet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles