Ujoint Offroad Colorado van build thread!

UjointoffroadCO

Have this '75 volvo c304 in the shop getting rehabbed after a long sit full of fluids. Have a bunch of parts enroute from sweden for it!

Since my van is rendered unless as a van, I have to use the daily as a work truck!

Had this bad boy in the shop Getting cleaned up and pics taken to be listed for sale. Hefty price tag, but still cheaper than if you had to build it yourself. Done at the mothership in NC last year.

Sunsets are nice at the new shop

Breaking ground on the cream puff finally. Should be seeing springs any day now!

Took a 3 day to do the gateway to casleton route into moab. Highly recommend if you are headed from southern CO into Moab.

This is a bit of whiterim in canyonlands.

Finally have all the parts to do a Cool build on this retired airforce EB. Getting a 2wd action vans lift, 33s, OX locker and chromoly rear shafts, and a sweet brake upgrade.

UjointoffroadCO

Finally got everything wrapped up on the action vans 2wd lift kit!

Had a take off set of Atlas rear leafs laying around that were a perfect spec for this van, so I threw them in instead of using the block that comes with the kit. We also did a OX locker and 35 spline chromoly shafts. Got a full power brake upgrade also.

Also installed a transit 3 place bench seat for the customer.

Came out pretty cool! The high top I installed didn't work out, so it went over to utah for a tough port high top instead

Love a good before and after

With that wrapped up, I was able to set aside a little time to get my new Ujoint rear bumper on! Working on some little projects for using the inside of the pelican box better.

The Rigid reverse lights are crazy bright!

Alright, back to the b190! Leaf springs STILL aren't here for this thing, so I've just been doing what I can until they show up. Frame cleaned and painted.e

Stage 1 front axle built

Full rebuild on the rear full float 60 with a ox locker and chromoly shafts.

Expecting springs any day now. Should be on the ground soon!

Bobfab

Observer
All looks great! How did you install the transit seats? Any reinforcement on the bottom? I have them installed in my van and was curious!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Finally got everything wrapped up on the action vans 2wd lift kit!

Had a take off set of Atlas rear leafs laying around that were a perfect spec for this van, so I threw them in instead of using the block that comes with the kit. We also did a OX locker and 35 spline chromoly shafts. Got a full power brake upgrade also.

Also installed a transit 3 place bench seat for the customer.

Came out pretty cool! The high top I installed didn't work out, so it went over to utah for a tough port high top instead

Love a good before and after

With that wrapped up, I was able to set aside a little time to get my new Ujoint rear bumper on! Working on some little projects for using the inside of the pelican box better.

The Rigid reverse lights are crazy bright!

Alright, back to the b190! Leaf springs STILL aren't here for this thing, so I've just been doing what I can until they show up. Frame cleaned and painted.e

Stage 1 front axle built

Full rebuild on the rear full float 60 with a ox locker and chromoly shafts.

Expecting springs any day now. Should be on the ground soon!
Interested in your pelican box upgrades

UjointoffroadCO

Is it the angle of the picture, or are the tire and bumper showing a display of affection to each other?
They are very much touching. Good visual of how far forward our kit pushes the front axle! I had to just get the wheels on it to measure for driveshafts. We cut the bumpers to clear before it leaves.

UjointoffroadCO

Been a while since an update! The b190 has turned into an absolute nightmare. Has a seemingly un-fixable driveline vibration. Transmission has been gone through twice, 2 different transfer cases, driveshaft rebuilt and rebalanced 3 times, rear diff rebuilt at least 10 times, 3 different ring and pinions, new rear hubs, new pinion flange so on and so forth. Going to try a totally new driveshaft this week and hope thats it.
Flex check
Kean2JAh.jpg

Flush mount paddle valves and dual needle gauge for the rear bags
ytdIH8sh.jpg

All shapes and sizes

Annual Christmas tree photo

One of my favorites back in the shop getting a front bumper, lights, winch, Spod, OBA and bushwacker's

1oJjoEah.jpg

Next project has arrived!
pzJdonhh.jpg

Pallet ready to go!
WxEUVtDh.jpg

Happy new year!
iGByfq1h.jpg

xleratin

Hey, It's been a while since Ive read you're entire thread, and I apologize if you've gone through is already, but what kind of fuel mileage are you seeing with you 5.4 and the lift/tires?

UjointoffroadCO

Hey, It's been a while since Ive read you're entire thread, and I apologize if you've gone through is already, but what kind of fuel mileage are you seeing with you 5.4 and the lift/tires?
I honestly don't keep track. It's best not to know. If i had to venture a guess, it's between 8-10

motovan_mn

I honestly don't keep track. It's best not to know. If i had to venture a guess, it's between 8-10

That seems to be the general sentiment :LOL: But I'm the kind of guy that likes DATA so I will certainly be recording mine, despite how much pain it will cause me. There's a few good data points on the SMB forum as well.

UjointoffroadCO

Big update!

You'll be glad to know that the b190 is fixed! New driveshafts from a new shop fixed the vibration. Delivered back to a very anxious customer! Here's some final pics
two3UX6h.jpg

Ik8QvgZh.jpg

Pretty proud of my OBA solution. Not a lot of room under these things!

Took sometime to build a little leaf spring rack to try and better use my storage space.
MUap2XVh.jpg

Next van in and torn down in short order!
7x5Ial1h.jpg

Took a long weekend to go see some friends down south
Lkbfhp4h.jpg

Back in the shop! Parts starting to stack up!

Hired a good buddy to come work with me part time. Production is through the roof!
uIDh3XUh.jpg

Touch down! Measuring for shafts!
UxDqNPhh.jpg

Sub floor storage going in.Such good use of wasted space. Wish I had room in mine for it!
BrfBV77h.jpg

2FL0PqHh.jpg

OPYIEAyh.jpg

Fully loaded bumpers showed up!
EHMeemnh.jpg

Looking sharp!
lhrikKjh.jpg

V10Ymyjh.jpg

Thats it for now! More soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members