UJOR Build Thread

Abitibi

Explorer
There's a lot of nice work coming out of that shop :) and its specially nice to see the back properly done without blocks to lift the rear... How often do you see these monster lifts with 6" of useless blocks!

Cheers
Mr. D

mobydick

cummins

What cummins you plan on swapping in there. If 12v is it first gen. or second gen. Cant wait to see this happen. I cant stop dreaming of a 12v first gen in a van. What tranny you going to run in it.

Village Idiot
Chris,

Is the new van getting a newer style 5.9 or just the 6bt? I am curious to see how this goes. Too bad I work offshore, and I am gone. I have a place in WNC.

Keep up updated, becuase I might go with a 5.9 or older 6bt if the conversion goes smoothly.

Look out for a email...

Abitibi

Explorer
Hi Chris

Have you thought which year to get for your Cummins swap. While looking for something else I stumbled on a "Fummins" conversion where they discussed the different years of the 12v.

Here's basically what they had to say...

"96-98 autos got 180hp/ 215 on the manuals (180hp on the cali manuals)
'93-94 came with 14mm main bolts, later model came with the smaller 12mm ones.
Stay away from "53" casting, they had thinner water jacket and may crack on left side."

Hope it can help!

Cheers
Mr. D

TBS

Observer
My new product assault continues!

We finished the prototype fuel tank today. 39 gallons & aluminum.
But we also added a rear storage box!

Seriously, its like you reached righ into my bucket of thoughts and scooped these two right out! In the planning stages of my 97 standard body e350 now, and these two ideas where at the top of the list.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Seriously, its like you reached righ into my bucket of thoughts and scooped these two right out! In the planning stages of my 97 standard body e350 now, and these two ideas where at the top of the list.

Keep the good ideas coming! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior