UJOR Build Thread

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Well, you said call any time!

I know that we were both getting ready for a wild Monday so it would help to just knock it out then.

See, the fact that you pay attention and empathize with your customers says even more volumes about you as a businessman! :bowdown:

jtolle777

Question for Chris...Posting here cause I figure some others might be in the same situation.

Looking to buy a van, long term plan to get your U-Joint conversion.

Ran across a couple of Quigley 4x4 vans. Are any parts able to be reused from Quigley switching over to your system? Axles? Transfer Case? Etc?

If not, seems like I'd be better off just doing a 2wd conversion.

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Question for Chris...Posting here cause I figure some others might be in the same situation.

Looking to buy a van, long term plan to get your U-Joint conversion.

Ran across a couple of Quigley 4x4 vans. Are any parts able to be reused from Quigley switching over to your system? Axles? Transfer Case? Etc?

If not, seems like I'd be better off just doing a 2wd conversion.

Thanks!!!

Depends on the year and a few variables. If the Q van has a 99-04 style axle it can be re used with our parts after a lot of cutting & grinding. But then you have to look at the t-case (slip yoke) and consider the desired lift size (adding a CV?, more complicated) And lastly you have the much shorter fuel tank to deal with.

So, when guys ask me this and they don't already have the van I tell them to just get a 2wd so you don't pay the 4x4 premium and then ditch almost all of it.

Most of the DeQuigs we do are for guys that already have the vans and don't want to or can't get rid of them. There are always variables of course. The last one we did was mainly because the customer found a SMB 7.3 with low miles. It just happened to have a Quigley conversion under it.

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Sneak peak, looking forward to finally putting this monster on the ground. Hopefully late tomorrow, Friday the latest. Waiting for some parts from PC and we have to design a custom fuel tank 1st.

12507416_1108092615876632_567469303808971209_n.jpg

jtolle777

Depends on the year and a few variables. If the Q van has a 99-04 style axle it can be re used with our parts after a lot of cutting & grinding. But then you have to look at the t-case (slip yoke) and consider the desired lift size (adding a CV?, more complicated) And lastly you have the much shorter fuel tank to deal with.

So, when guys ask me this and they don't already have the van I tell them to just get a 2wd so you don't pay the 4x4 premium and then ditch almost all of it.

Most of the DeQuigs we do are for guys that already have the vans and don't want to or can't get rid of them. There are always variables of course. The last one we did was mainly because the customer found a SMB 7.3 with low miles. It just happened to have a Quigley conversion under it.

Exactly the answer I needed, thanks so much!

naterry

13 Cheeseburgers
Sneak peak, looking forward to finally putting this monster on the ground. Hopefully late tomorrow, Friday the latest. Waiting for some parts from PC and we have to design a custom fuel tank 1st.

12507416_1108092615876632_567469303808971209_n.jpg

So no lift for this one, eh.

Chris,

I have a question about wheel spacers. I have a e150, and would like to space the rear wheels out the 1.5" each side so it can match the front width.

What wheel spacers do you use and do they make em in a 5x5.5" to 5x5.5" pattern? There's so many cheap crap wheel spacers how can ya tell what you're getting? Reason I'm asking here, is well, it looks like 90% of your vans get a spacer/adapter and I don't see any mention of failure.

Thanks,

-Colby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior