Ultimate chase truck find on Gov liquidation a pair of MAN 8X8

Gromog

Mog Overlander
1987 10 Ton Wrecker Tractor 8X8 W/Winch, Mfg. Maschinenfabrik Augsburg Nuernberg, Model M1001, Serial WMA-5500534W010098, 10 Cylinder diesel motor, 8 Speed manual transmission, No hour meter, No batteries, Does not start. Buyer loads.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=5126714&convertTo=USD

If you are looking for a really bad *** platform this is one to look into. I have driven them in Europe, they are too much fun. They have a pretty serious motor as well which runs on just about anything..

BroncoHauler

Adventurer
"...Does not start. Buyer loads..."

I guess if you have a very large flatbed or a very larger wrecker, you could get a great bargain. Otherwise, how the hell do you get the thing home?

Herb

Gromog

Mog Overlander
Beats the F&%k out of me i was scratching my head on the cost to rig them onto a massive lowboy and get permission to spend a full week chaining them down. I have a friend that is a MAN mechanic retired he thinks it should be easy to get started but maybe not rolling. I'd love to see these on shipping wars, that would make the Darwin awards this year.

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
I am just gobsmacked at the idea of what that thing would be worth to a scrap yard alone! I am sure it is a boat load of bucks!

Gromog

Mog Overlander
This one sold for $11,150 and the other $10,150. I was just bringing home a new bobbed deuce and we saw 6 of them NEW on custom flatbeds headed north on the 5 in Mojave last Sunday. I would love to build one out but as Joaquin Suave pointed out cost prohibitive here in the US. Not many surplus parts available here for them.

Gromog

Mog Overlander
Not really just some camping on a job site. I was considering putting a rooftop tent on top of the headache rack. A friend offered to make me up a custom fiberglass shell for a flip tent. I have taken on a 100 mile + trip a few times, bit tooo slow for a serious expowagon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94