ultra compact slide in / sleeper

Gunner207

Observer
IMG_20170302_204039.jpg
All the big parts are complete, a little more fiberglass work and mounting the door and it will be ready for a trial fit in the truck

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
Nice! I'll have to go back and see what you used for paint. Looks pretty good in the pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunner207

Observer
The paint is Easypoxy white from Petit. It is a single component polyurethane marine topside paint. It is over three coats of interlux Interprotect two component Roxy barrier coat. The pictures are of a single coat of finish paint because I am headed to Florida in less than a week. Generally the first coat is left to harden for a week then is virtually all sanded off with 220 grit leaving just shiny spots in the areas that are low. After reprepping the surface three coats of Easypoxy are applied with at least a few days between coats.

1 Bored Clerk

Explorer
The paint is Easypoxy white from Petit. It is a single component polyurethane marine topside paint. It is over three coats of interlux Interprotect two component Roxy barrier coat. The pictures are of a single coat of finish paint because I am headed to Florida in less than a week. Generally the first coat is left to harden for a week then is virtually all sanded off with 220 grit leaving just shiny spots in the areas that are low. After reprepping the surface three coats of Easypoxy are applied with at least a few days between coats.

Nice detail! Thanks for that. I've gone around and around on what I'll eventually coat mine with. I want something that can handle a bit of a beating from branches and road debris but that is repairable. This looks like a great option. My desire for an automotive quality finish has faded to near nothing but your finish is probably the best of all worlds: looks good from here, probably pretty tough, repairable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunner207

Observer
IMG_20170305_200853.jpg

There is a 3/8 inch deep gutter around the door opening and there will be a hollow D profile rubber gasket affixed to the door that will seal against the inner flange of the gutter. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles