Uni-ball vs Ball Joints

freeze

Adventurer
Something that might help with the Unibal UCA's

http://www.ct4wd.com/news/index.php...icle/27-4wd-product-tools/118-rumour-uca-caps

5394724110_e73468e5ee.jpg

In our Canadian winter's salt and de-icing solutions are layered on the roads which make life of a unibal a bit difficult. if I never lube them and keep them rinsed out when it warms up, I haven't had any squeaking or loosening of the current unibals. However the life span to be expected is about 1.5 years or 50,000KM for a set. Changing them out is pretty simple on the All-Pro set up which makes life a bit easier.

Another thought would be making something out of gore-tex.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
$275 Shipped to the US from Monster Rides in Australia.

PM me if interested. Fit all Tacoma/FJ/4Runner factory UCA's.....25mm or
40mm lengths available.

Gen 2 (05+) Tacoma/4Runner only or are they available for the earlier 96-04 Taco/96-02 4Runner as well?

alexrex20

Explorer
$275 for an extended BJ sounds pretty steep. i'll just go to the massage parlor in front of my neighborhood for $100.

Hilux_Max

Adventurer
guys, the extended BJ's are for gen 2's onwards, taco, 4runner, fj etc.....

steep?

you have to understand these are coming from australia plus our dollar is worth more than yours :shakin:

tjalward

Observer
Way old thread... are these extended ball joints available anywhere still? I'd like to try them out... thx in advance

sologeek

Observer
I live in SW Washington State with plenty of rain, snow and Ice as well as areas of clay, mud, sand, fresh and saltwater. I use Total Chaos UCA with no problems and love them!

frontsuspension11.jpg

ttfjc

weekend wheeler
I also have tc. Havent had em too too long but they are sqeaky! I dont really care but its cuz they need grease but havent done it yet...

bkg

Explorer
I also have tc. Havent had em too too long but they are sqeaky! I dont really care but its cuz they need grease but havent done it yet...

Was at dinner with a friend last. Heading out, he commented at how loud the squeaks were coming from the truck. Any movement in the steering wheel and there is a very loud squeak. Not a lot that can be done - grease and lube just attract dust and cause wear. Is what it is...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz