Unimogadventures - Our build and travel thread

Coachgeo

Explorer
Ian how has your side view cameras held up.... well all your cameras for that matter? Would you do anything different from what you know now. Could your side view camera's replace your side view mirrors? Sorry... I admit.. I don't recall where you mounted your side view cameras.

Iain_U1250

Explorer
All the cameras are working great. They are set up on top of the branch bars, so they show the top corner of the truck as well as the side view. The housings have taken quite a few hits from branches, and have survived. I set them up so I could see if we were going to hit any branches. The also show things next to the truck, but I don't think they could replace the mirrors, as the screens are a bit small, even in single view mode. It would take a much bigger screen than the ones I have for it to be used as a mirror.

Coachgeo

Explorer
All the cameras are working great. They are set up on top of the branch bars, so they show the top corner of the truck as well as the side view. The housings have taken quite a few hits from branches, and have survived. I set them up so I could see if we were going to hit any branches. The also show things next to the truck, but I don't think they could replace the mirrors, as the screens are a bit small, even in single view mode. It would take a much bigger screen than the ones I have for it to be used as a mirror.
thanks.

Iain_U1250

Explorer
We have had a few trips out in the mog, nothing big but we spent last weekend down on the Murray River, found a great spot and woke up to this

28795967_1978652652400721_1681273425733053571_n.jpg

The road was not that bad, had a few dry mud holes with pretty deep ruts but nothing that would stop a mog, probably why we were able to have this place to ourselves.
28575937_1976248552641131_2072440230927362518_n.jpg

Only had one minor drama

28468500_1976829539249699_7425106564362434637_n.jpg

It crashed on the opposite bank, but we had our boat in the back, so we were able to go on a search and rescue mission.

28472317_1977004489232204_6327835488842160400_n.jpg

We took the long way out, and discovered the track blocked by a tree, but were able to use our winch to pull the log out the way so we could get past. It was the first time we have used the winch, I made a big of a mess of pulling the log out, making it worse before re-positioning the truck and getting it far enough off the road so we could squeeze through. I'll post a video soon, but I was pretty happy with the winch. It was able drag the truck a bit on the handbrake when fully loaded up.

We went through a deeper mud hole, and left a few mog size ruts in it, which means the next people might not make it through as easily.

Next trip will be Easter weekend, when we head out to the bottom end of South Australia, 15km up a sandy beach track where we should not have to worry about the crowds.

LostInTheWorld

Builder/Traveler
Hi Iain,
I've followed your posts for years. Thanks for contributing so much to the forum (here and benzworld). Your truck is awesome and one of the reasons we decided to use a SBU for our current expedition truck build.

My wife and I have traveled a little in Australia before, but we fantasize about some day shipping our truck over and spending some time really seeing your country. It would be cool to meet up with you some day over there.

Thanks for posting updates.

Michael

Iain_U1250

Explorer
We bought a gimbal for our GoPro, and it works very well. This is just a short clip on a track next to the Murray River taken in the cab of our truck.

Trish has started a Youtube Channel for our videos, we will be adding lots more of the next few weeks.

Unimog Adventures

Jostt

Adventurer
Very nice to see You Ian enjoying ....jeje the vídeos You made whit the dron are amazing , Im thinking to start to use one.
The place You show on the lake is nice , my wife loves kayaks Also...we do some times whit Our sevilor, but I need to make some long distance to find a good lake, north of Spain ...

Iain_U1250

Explorer
Hi guys.

Are you getting as far as the Adelaide Hills/Barossa? Cheers.

We are heading down to a place called No, 2 Rocks - Near Lake Bonny over Easter, about halfway to Adelaide only. If you feel like a trip, let me know, our campsite is big enough for two trucks.

Very nice to see You Ian enjoying ....jeje the vídeos You made whit the dron are amazing , Im thinking to start to use one.
The place You show on the lake is nice , my wife loves kayaks Also...we do some times whit Our sevilor, but I need to make some long distance to find a good lake, north of Spain ...

It is a long river, around 2500km long. It is was our first time up there, but it was a great place, so we will be going back there.

Iain_U1250

Explorer
Finally got around to editing part 3 of the engine rebuild video, this time with a voice over as I was too lazy to do all the captions

Sitec

Adventurer
We'd love to be there, but I still don't have a usable camper. We do have a body for it now tho! :) Enjoy!

Jostt

Adventurer
Very nice video, thanks for share It, I can Imagine your engine was wiht the Air compresor on the block as a Std no? Im now on the point to rebuild my one, mine is a Wabco whit belt on front of the engine, my question is , ir buy a complete staff to fit a New block compresor? Or rebuild my one, some advantage whit the block locación?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste