Upcoming Outlander PHEV

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
So the Outlander PHEV should be hitting the US sometime this year and for me it looks like it might be a perfect daily/adventure mobile in one. It's selling like hotcakes outside of the US so I think it might be a winner (relative to Mitsu's current sales).

The SAWC systems is a pretty slick system and from what I've seen electric mode only can be engaged for deep water crossings (sealed electric system).

phev-warehouse-topdown-mobile.jpg

Thoughts?

Keep waiting, the US release has been pushed back a half dozen times. Thought it might be a good replacement for my 4runner, we don't stray to far from gravel roads these days. Have to admit I have been bitten by the electric bug, since the lease of my wife's I3. As for a regular car to be used on paved roads, I will not purchase another ICE car. Regardless of mpg or environmental friendliness, its just a better car.

FLoffroad1

Observer
I'd take the triton instead.
Nice one.

If Mitsu doesn't figure something out soon, they won't be bringing any cars stateside. Their sales have been lack luster for a while, and what with ending the Evo, I should imagine they'll drop more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior