Ure 7

Maryland 110

Adventurer
Love that event but not making it this year. The Virginia club has an event @ the Cove halloween weekend and most up here seem to be headed to that.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Good choice Matt for your first event- see you there!! Be prepared for dust or mud, no middle ground... When you headed over?

Viggen

Just here...
How long is this drive from NoVa and can I get there on Saturday? I might skip the GWNF camping I had planned to do this if its not crazy far away.

Maryland 110

Adventurer
How long is this drive from NoVa and can I get there on Saturday? I might skip the GWNF camping I had planned to do this if its not crazy far away.

It usually takes us about 6 hrs traveling 70-75mph. Thats the I95>I85 route. We were traveling with a V8 110 that had to stop every 180 miles for fuel. Its about 360 miles. Damn petrol trucks...
The scenic but longer way to go is 66 west to 29 @ Gainsville and take 29 South through the Blue Ridge Mtns all the way to Danville/Nc Line.

Uwharrie is an awesome venue-especially in late October. Its a Natl Forest ORV park. Not many of those left on the East Coast.

Google the Eldorado Out Post in Troy,Nc. Thats stop number one to buy your day pass for the park.

Last edited:

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Take 29, it's definitely quicker. 85/95 means you have to go via Durham/Raleigh.

If anyone needs directions or info PM me. I will be heading out with the RTE crew. I'm thr black sheep of the group with no RTE parts.

Is everyone camping or staying in hotels?

Agreed with Dale, it's dust or mud. Either sucks. Mud especially. Be prepared with mud terrains if it rains trails become very hard.

Most of the jeep, yotA and domestic guys runs 35-44s.

-Sam

Wander

Expedition Leader
I'm probably heading over Friday AM. I"m planning on camping, hoping for dry weather. For those looking for hotels you'll have to look in Ashboro but there is one in Albermarle but it's a little sketchy. With a 64 IIa that I'll be counting on to get me home I'm not planning on doing the harder trails, heck just kicking back around a camp fire and enjoying some cold beverages will be enough for me-I need a break.

Maryland 110

Adventurer
I'm probably heading over Friday AM. I"m planning on camping, hoping for dry weather. For those looking for hotels you'll have to look in Ashboro but there is one in Albermarle but it's a little sketchy. With a 64 IIa that I'll be counting on to get me home I'm not planning on doing the harder trails, heck just kicking back around a camp fire and enjoying some cold beverages will be enough for me-I need a break.
Definately camp. The campground has showers etc and the Old North State crowd are always a good time.

rover4x4

Adventurer
I hope to be there thursday afternoon depending on if I go to the state fair or not. I always hope for a little rain at Uwharrie it kills all the dust and makes things a little more fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne