Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

Any one know if the JL version is available yet?

I have had mine on order with deposit since June 2018. You can order it on the web sight. I stopped by in late October to see what is going on since phone calls and emails get no reply. They told me they were not happy with the prototype and are still tweaking the final product and it should be available “soon”.

I've gone back and forth on an Ursa for my 2016 JKU for awhile. It's Saturday and they probably aren't open. Does anyone know what the wait is on a JK Ursa nowadays or are they readily available?

TIA

My apologies for not getting through the 130 pages where this may be answered. It's a bit intimidating and I have a short attention span.

I've gone back and forth on an Ursa for my 2016 JKU for awhile. It's Saturday and they probably aren't open. Does anyone know what the wait is on a JK Ursa nowadays or are they readily available?

TIA

My apologies for not getting through the 130 pages where this may be answered. It's a bit intimidating and I have a short attention span.
Doubt the lead time ever drops under 6-8 weeks but I'd think if ever it would be this time of year.

Any tips from anyone who's mounted rotopax to their J30 blank window? Assume the round steel backing plate would be a wise addition?
I haven't done it but I've mounted many things like it to expensive fiberglass shells. I would absolutely add a backing plate, as big as you can. Don't just think about it supporting the weight of what's mounted, think about it not cracking your expensive top if a limb gets caught behind the Rotopax or one of those small mailmen (read children) decides to climb up on your Jeep for some reason and puts their foot on it for support.

I haven't done it but I've mounted many things like it to expensive fiberglass shells. I would absolutely add a backing plate, as big as you can. Don't just think about it supporting the weight of what's mounted, think about it not cracking your expensive top if a limb gets caught behind the Rotopax or one of those small mailmen (read children) decides to climb up on your Jeep for some reason and puts their foot on it for support.
Thanks Scotty. Yeah I ended using the steel backing plate available from Rotopax. And just went niiiice and slow with a tapered drill bit.

Next on the list of a thousand questions... Trying to get ahold of John at UM, but as we all know that can be a tough task...

For anyone with only two awning supports on their J30... How heavy are your awnings? My *compact* batwing arrived, but it's still 39 lbs. Concerned the two brackets I got with my top aren't going to cut it. I'm trying to track down the guys at UM for some spare brackets, but I don't know how long I can hold out... it's just *sitting* there begging to be mounted....

I'm paying closer attention to this thread since I'm strongly considering ordering a J30 for my Rubicon. That said, and it may be covered earlier, but i was planning to mount Yakima/Thule pods/feet/whatever and rails to hole my solar and whatever else I might throw up there. I figured I'd drop the awning (Batwing for me) off the side of the rails. I'm tall so I want the extra clearance anyway. Bad idea? Been done?

I'm paying closer attention to this thread since I'm strongly considering ordering a J30 for my Rubicon. That said, and it may be covered earlier, but i was planning to mount Yakima/Thule pods/feet/whatever and rails to hole my solar and whatever else I might throw up there. I figured I'd drop the awning (Batwing for me) off the side of the rails. I'm tall so I want the extra clearance anyway. Bad idea? Been done?
I’d go the normal awning mounts off the base for sure. If you’re mounted to the roof you couldn’t have awning open with roof up.

Just for anyone who might be in a similar situation... Just talked to John. He said they no longer sandwich the metal plate in the awning mount points, so he recommended the extra brackets. If you know you're thinking of something like the Batwing, I'd strongly going for the 4 brackets from the get go.

I’d go the normal awning mounts off the base for sure. If you’re mounted to the roof you couldn’t have awning open with roof up.
Wow, just read your response and reread my question. What was I drinking that night? Obviously my momentary thought there won't work, as stated you can't put an awning on a pop top or you have no awning when raised. I'll be using plates.

In other news I called John and left a message and was pleasantly surprised that he returned my call with an hour or so. Great guy and looks like a shoe-in for great customer service. This too is probably covered many times in the 130 pages of this thread I haven't read.

Just putting this out there. I'm planning to drive my work truck out to pick up my top when it's ready (March-ish) I'm just about to order and I live in East Tn. If anyone anywhere across the southern US is interested in much cheaper shipping on a top I'm all ears. I own my own tractor trailer (53' dry van/box trailer) and could probably move 20 of them across if there was interest. My rate would certainly be cheaper than standard shipping, just trying to offset my cost coming back across. I'll pick up some LTL freight but likely still have room but glad to do the community here a solid if I'm able. I'll be in San Diego so I can probably also help some Aluminess customers and who knows who else. PM me.