Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

86scotty

Explorer
Ursa fans, I've decided to offer mine for sale. I love it but my plans for my Jeep are changing. All questions should be answered in the ad. Feel free to ask away if not.

JDaPP

Adventurer
What do folks use for cleaning the tent? I have a rust stain and also some residue from where some duct tape got stuck on it.

zachgs

Happy to report that I’m J30 #376!

I got it installed by John in Portland on August 28th and then I hit the road for a big East Coast trip so it has been in use pretty much nonstop except for staying with family and a couple of Airbnb’s here and there. I think I’ve got 10 nights total in the camper. 7 solo and 3 with my wife. It has been awesome. If anyone is on the fence, just go for it!

Big thanks to John. He is an incredibly busy guy but he was always positive in the face of many shipping issues (that were out of our control) and worked extra to get me out the door for my trip.

0E3C2F1C-1716-44BC-8D60-49B6DDB585A0

780E8DC4-B208-4E14-885A-9C6514A550BE

314ACC75-6B5C-4402-B5C7-A36B42D20DB7

Last edited:

shays4me

Adventurer
Not a shadow, but the updated Rhino Rack BatWing fits and works spectacularly on the standard Ursa Minor brackets
It’s also half the price of the shadow and about 15lbs lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is this the compact or full sized version of the awning? Do you have four mounts or just the two? Also I see your latches are mounted up front so I assume this awning only works with the older type latch mounting. Thanks, just ordered mine and I want to make sure I get what I want!

rubicon91

Explorer
Is this the compact or full sized version of the awning? Do you have four mounts or just the two? Also I see your latches are mounted up front so I assume this awning only works with the older type latch mounting. Thanks, just ordered mine and I want to make sure I get what I want!
you have to tell John if you want your mounts up front. if you run a arb 2500 or 280 degree awning you are gonna need them up front. you can call and have him adjust the latches if you need to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

shays4me

Adventurer
you have to tell John if you want your mounts up front. if you run a arb 2500 or 280 degree awning you are gonna need them up front. you can call and have him adjust the latches if you need to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It looks like the compact batwing from rhino rack may not need the latches moved, that’s why I’m asking what length the one in the pic is.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Rhino Rack Batwing Compact fits just fine using the 3 rearward awning/Ursa Minor brackets. With the Compact there is no need to move the front latches. I am using a Force Protection Gear Field Blanket as a side wall in the photograph. 8F5F2706-0093-432B-B872-7D903D3AD3B1.jpeg

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Rhino Rack Batwing Compact fits just fine using the 3 rearward awning/Ursa Minor brackets. With the Compact there is no need to move the front latches. I am using a Force Protection Gear Field Blanket as a side wall in the photograph. View attachment 539359
Your Jeep provides me with inspiration. I really want an Ursa Minor, but can't justify the expense at this time.