Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

ventura911

Adventurer
Yep, mine rattle. What I did was cut a very short piece of rubber hose that is the exact length of the cylindrical piece, then I sliced it lengthwise and put it on the cylinder.
They have been like that for 50k+ miles and have never come off and have stopped the rattle.

-Dan

Thanks, I’ll give that a try!

86scotty

Cynic
Hey Scotty, what kind of rack is that on the back of your Jeep?

Bestop makes it. It's called the HighRock cargo rack or somesuch. It is only a couple hundred vs. $4-500 for others I've seen so I went for it. It is light duty (plastic) but I kinda wanted that. It is light weight as well and I won't be putting anything heavy on it.

Presto88

Adventurer
Bestop makes it. It's called the HighRock cargo rack or somesuch. It is only a couple hundred vs. $4-500 for others I've seen so I went for it. It is light duty (plastic) but I kinda wanted that. It is light weight as well and I won't be putting anything heavy on it.
I got a great deal on a used Terraflex Alta cargo rack about a year ago. Really well-built piece of equipment, but between the rack and the hinge that I had to install I really added a lot of weight back there! I'm not at all interested in changing it at this point, but I really like the looks of your setup. Congrats.

86scotty

Cynic
Thanks! Just a few more days and I'll have a Rhino Rack batwing mounted and then I can finally start my interior setup.

I'm hoping to finish fabbing my awning brackets tomorrow.

ventura911

Adventurer
Muchas gracias to Dan for his rubber hose tip above and Justin (aka Gear) for his tip offline to add foam tape to the sound bar to eliminate the annoying sound effects!

Bam2413

Observer
Installed a NOCO on board dual bank battery charger along with a exterior plug today. Great investment, just pull in the garage and plug in to the side of the jeep to maintain my batteries.

BVClimber

Observer
Anyone know where to source a ladder like this? (annoyingly I saved the image during the months of lusting after a J30, but have no clue where it came from)

View attachment 487934

This is my rig, yeah custom fab. Welder in my city does a great job. Riv nuts in the tub. Never have to store a ladder, it's just there. So much easier. Worth it for me at least. And I've never had anyone.... climb up there when I'm sleeping lol

tahoe1

Just wanted to say that this thread inspired me to switch to a J30 and a new path in my Jeep build.

Last week I had the San Diego shop install J30 Unit #350 on my 2007 JKUR. Here are pics from staying overnight at the San Mateo campgrounds at San Onofre SB on the drive back north. Thank you to Ursa Minor Vehicles for the successful install and great service.

I am looking forward to many more nights in the camper, but in the meantime have just listed this offroad camp trailer for sale to finance the new purchase and build!

https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...trailer-for-sale-8500-obo-woodland-ca.203702/

xJb6x5c.jpg

JLv5wel.jpg

DRT_RD_EXPD

i was curious to see if any one has used a roof rack system with their ursa minor top? I know the top cross bars will have to be removed, but i was more looking to use it as a "exocage" for the top to help try and protect it from tree limbs and such. I have seen only one jeep that has done this with the Ursa Minor J30 but i was looking to see if there were any others to reference it too. Thanks!506108506115

rustypayne

I don't think I understand what kind of cage you're talking about? What's with the pic of the orange Rubi, that attaches to the Jeep and would protect the top from everything, including opening!

caspice

I don't think I understand what kind of cage you're talking about? What's with the pic of the orange Rubi, that attaches to the Jeep and would protect the top from everything, including opening!
I know the top cross bars will have to be removed, but i was more looking to use it as a "exocage" for the top to help try and protect it from tree limbs and such.

The question is fairly straightforward.

Anyone with the Ursa Minor top also using any type of exterior 'exocage' style protection?

The attached modified photo may help clarify the question.506500

Last edited:
I think the confusion is that if you have the ursa minor Then you cannot open it with an exo cage on, because they have fixed cross bars that go over the top.
So you would be left with finding one that is completly open on top and only has bars around the sides or and forward of the front windshield. None in back how would you open the glass back window? So you are left with sides only and no cross bars for side to side strength. If i understand this question right.

rubicon91

Explorer
i was curious to see if any one has used a roof rack system with their ursa minor top? I know the top cross bars will have to be removed, but i was more looking to use it as a "exocage" for the top to help try and protect it from tree limbs and such. I have seen only one jeep that has done this with the Ursa Minor J30 but i was looking to see if there were any others to reference it too. Thanks!View attachment 506108View attachment 506115

You have the bullet liner on it correct? I dont think you would have too much to worry about. I have taken mine through Ocala Natl Forest and had trails that got really tight and pinstriped my Jeep pretty good. Cannot see anything at all on the liner of the top. I can see where people are confused. Most racks you cannot open your soft top for instance without undoing the rack. Gobi for instance so not sure how you could even have one and be able to open your top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles