Ursa Minor Pop-Top Jeep JK

JB30

Some frontrunner tracks would work nicely. PM me if I can help as a dealer.

Appreciate the offer, although I'm not too far from the Frontrunner boys, so might just pop in and see what's what! Thanks for the suggestion though. Big fan of Front Runner stuff.

rustypayne

Question #487 for the group... anyone installed a Apollointech switch panel (or sPod for that matter)? Seems pretty much impossible to get that bloody thing on there as designed (bolts to footman's loop) without removing the roof... Any creative solves out there?

I have an Apollointech and it works great but... I installed it prior to getting my J30.

JB30

I have an Apollointech and it works great but... I installed it prior to getting my J30.

Ha. The number of times I’ve thought “damn it... if only I had done this before the top”. It’s my favorite thing about my Jeep, but sweet Maria does it makes anything above the roof line a pain in the ass! Glad to hear another thumbs up for the Apollointech though!

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Question #487 for the group... anyone installed a Apollointech switch panel (or sPod for that matter)? Seems pretty much impossible to get that bloody thing on there as designed (bolts to footman's loop) without removing the roof... Any creative solves out there?

I remove all 8 bolts holding the Ursa Minor Camper to the Jeep. Then I lifted a front corner and slid a pool noodle between the roll bar and the Ursa Minor. Or you could use a piece of 4x4(same location) to prop the camper while working on the switch panel. Do this on both sides and you should have enough clearance to get the job done.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Anyone have recommendations for roof rack rails? Looking fro something that runs the entire length of the J30 roof, the main use being a maxtrax and solar panels mount. Although would also look to have a couple removable cross bars if I ever need to lug extra gear.

Mac’s Custom Tie Downs sells VersaTie track that I used down the sides of the Ursa Minor. Then I simple use 1”x2” - 52” rectangular aluminum for the cross members.

A lot more photographs of my Jeep are at my Instagram account linked in my signature. C5C71019-E7F4-4AF3-8030-CD33FC167D9A.jpeg

Khunguni

If anyone is selling or thinking about selling a Rubicon and Ursa Minor combo, please let me know. Looking for a newer model Rubicon (2014-17) in mostly stock form (but would entertain all options). Located in Oregon. Thanks,

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
If anyone is selling or thinking about selling a Rubicon and Ursa Minor combo, please let me know. Looking for a newer model Rubicon (2014-17) in mostly stock form (but would entertain all options). Located in Oregon. Thanks,
There's a 2012 for sale in Idaho right now at Silver Creek Ford.
I'm 99% sure it's the one in this video. I looked at it for sale at a Lewiston Dealer but they wanted too much for it at the time. The price has come down quite a bit now.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
There's a 2012 for sale in Idaho right now at Silver Creek Ford.
I'm 99% sure it's the one in this video. I looked at it for sale at a Lewiston Dealer but they wanted too much for it at the time. The price has come down quite a bit now.

Thats the reason I won't buy one. They will never resell very well.

rubicon91

Explorer
Thats the reason I won't buy one. They will never resell very well.

The sell just fine by themselves. Hardly any stay for sale long when sold without the Jeep. Pretty much the same thing as paying and installing all the other upgrades and then thinking a Jeep is worth 2x as much. They never resell very well at all either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles