USA-CAN-USA, July 2017 (16 US states and 4 Canadian provinces)

Yesterday, I spent the whole day going around Paris and looking at all the most popular touristic destinations.

I must mention that I was truly surprised that every single metro rail that I go on they will always make an announcement that people should watch out for pick pockets who may be pn the trail. They will announce this multiple times and in 3 different languages; English, French and Chinese.

So if any of you ever go to Paris, watchout and keep your wallet secure or it may be stolen from you.

Notre Dame Cathedral
XOIFKyp.jpg

Jardin de Luxemboug
ytRmYX4.jpg

z1YbeDh.jpg

Musee de Louvre (Ant this is the most famous painting in there; Mona Lisa)
3b3gGN4.jpg

lQK21L0.jpg

vS3pIYG.jpg

Tour d'Eiffel
aNsjroJ.jpg

Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees
AHUCgm2.jpg

Last edited:
Today, I took the second car at the house I am staying at here in France for an hour drive into the countryside in the south of France.

I got on the freeway and the speed limit was 130kmph. But everybody seemed to be doing 145kmph and there was a steady flow of traffic. Then I suddenly saw a BMW and a Audi in my rear view mirror, just trying to claim ownership of the road as they zoomed by me as I was doing 140kmph with the flow of traffic. Well, I am in Europe and driving an Audi A8. Though a 2006 and a diesel, it is a German creation with enormous power under the hood. It showed me what it could do!!!

I would have taken a video of this drive if not that some British thieves broke into my brothers car in London and stole my gopro from the car. I have really been upset about this ever sine it happened last week.

The drive was lots of fun.

I got to the castle I was going to visit and it was a great site and a great castle packed with a lot of history. If you google and read about it, it has a great history.

Chateau Vaux Vicomte
1ai5WXE.jpg

d3LnXJi.jpg

DkCpaoA.jpg

tosgruh.jpg

zjJxHj3.jpg

cFsMT4w.jpg

Last edited:

ITTOG

Yesterday, I spent the whole day going around Paris and looking at all the most popular touristic destinations.

I must mention that I was truly surprised that every single metro rail that I go on they will always make an announcement that people should watch out for pick pockets who may be pn the trail. They will announce this multiple times and in 3 different languages; English, French and Chinese.

So if any of you ever go to Paris, watchout and keep your wallet secure or it may be stolen from you.

Notre Dame Cathedral
XOIFKyp.jpg

Jardin de Luxemboug
ytRmYX4.jpg

z1YbeDh.jpg

Musee de Louvre (Ant this is the most famous painting in there; Mona Lisa)
3b3gGN4.jpg

lQK21L0.jpg

vS3pIYG.jpg

Tour d'Eiffel
aNsjroJ.jpg

Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees
AHUCgm2.jpg

Yes a very big problem there. The issue is compounded by the french not understanding personal space so they are always rubbing against you. Never put your wallet in your back pocket there.

Thanks for the pictures. I have been there a couple times in the winter. Loved your pictures from the summer.

Beautiful. Never went to this lake. Figured once I saw one frozen lake I didn't need to see the other. But definitely looks worthwhile during the summer. The water color is amazing.

Wow. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this and reviving my road trip of 2 years ago. That was and is still my best road trip ever.

Had the most fun and saw the most natural things that had me saying wow too much.

Definitely worth a visit from some of us in the US who can make time to go there.

Yes a very big problem there. The issue is compounded by the french not understanding personal space so they are always rubbing against you. Never put your wallet in your back pocket there.

Yup, you are right. I cannot believe how often and normal the announcement is being made in the trains for people to watch out for pick pockets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke