Used Winch for First Time - LOL

VikingVince

Explorer
Well, I used my winch for the first time - recovering my Miata convertible - LOL :exclaim: Wasn't quite what I had in mind when I added it to the truck but...:beer: :beer: :beer: The beer signs kinda tell the story...maybe had one more than I should've...well, maybe two more...drove the left front wheel off the front of a 18" retaining wall in my parking area...winched it back over the edge no problem. I tried my snowmobile belt traction mats first...forget it! Anyway, that was fun...in an embarrassing kinda way:beer:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
It's OK Pete, it doesn't sound like he was drinkin' and drivin', it sounds like he was just drinkin' and parkin' and then maybe drinkin' and winchin'....:friday:

I'm impressed by your ingenuity Vince. I'm sure that situation was not covered in Burke's DVD. What's with the snowmobile belt traction mats you mentioned? Just an old track off a snowmobile?

Bergger

Explorer
kcowyo said:
It's OK Pete, it doesn't sound like he was drinkin' and drivin', it sounds like he was just drinkin' and parkin' and then maybe drinkin' and winchin'....:friday:

I'm impressed by your ingenuity Vince. I'm sure that situation was not covered in Burke's DVD. What's with the snowmobile belt traction mats you mentioned? Just an old track off a snowmobile?

I hope that was the case and you weren't out on a public road prior to parking. Still not a good idea, driving or winching while buzzed.

Doin_It

Adventurer
OOP's forgot to say that's perhaps this is what the story line really looked like. Maybe I shold go have a beer myself right now.

VikingVince

Explorer
kcowyo said:
What's with the snowmobile belt traction mats you mentioned? Just an old track off a snowmobile?

Yeah, exactly...I read about it somewhere...taking an old snowmobile track, cutting it in two and using it for traction. Mark, the Canadian guy who went to Australia with a FWC, used the idea and said they worked great when he got stuck in sand.

BTW, the beer references were more in jest than anything...didn't expect the watchdogs to pop up:exclaim: :clapsmile

VikingVince

Explorer
expeditionswest said:
Yeah, he backs off of that ledge without being intoxicated. I have witnessed it in person :ylsmoke:

:clapsmile :smiley_drive: :clapsmile I figured that bit of info would find it's way in here:shakin: Now you know why I excelled at the backing trial at the Expo Rally :exclaim:

VikingVince

Explorer
desertgirl66 said:
Vince, we can always count on you for a laugh! :wings:

Thanks Kristina...since I've accumulated so many ExPo competition titles (not!), I figure I might as well vie for ExPo Comedian:D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior