Using Dometic Go Hydration Water faucet with other containers

jagarcia89

I see a lot of people online and youtube raving about the dometic go hydration water faucet and they all say it can be used with any water jug. However, every video and review I see is using the dometic go hydration water jug with it, which is of course not available.

Wondering if anyone has any experience using the faucet with other brand jugs and just want to see what experiences you are having with it. Ideally, I'd like to use on my ol trusty blue reliance aquatainer.

We have both the Dometic pump, and their jug.
While the combo works well together, there is no reason why the pump can’t work with any other water “vessel”. It’s merely a pump with a siphon hose…you could drop the hose into a water cube, a gallon jug, heck even into a box of wine. Ooh…now there’s an interesting idea…

alia176

Explorer
My gf got one of these link from Amazon and we're gonna try it out in her Casita camper this weekend. They look simple enough and I'm guessing all are made in China so a generic knock off oughta work for our application.

Dometic Go Jugs are currently available at REI. Highly recommended as I have both the faucet and a couple jugs for my sink set-up. You could certainly use a Scepter water container(or really any other brand), but the included hose with the faucet is pretty short(20ish inches) and the Go Jugs connect seamlessly with that hose AND have an additional hose inside the jug to reach the bottom!

Site

I think it is little expensive,,, but it works . I thought water pressure was weak, but after using it for few road trips, I like it. it is good pressure = save water, but good enough for washing dishes etc..
I use normal water jug and Dometic jug.. both works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice video! Yeah...you aren't going to be taking any showers with it. However, I do appreciate the auto-shutoff after 1 liter fill(about one minute). I'll start the faucet and start boiling some water in a cup with an MSR pocket rocket. Makes for perfect dishwashing water- or shaving if you need to do that while camping.

rlynch356

Defyota
yes it uses Micro USB.. and yes it works fine with any water container, I replaced the tube with a generic water one rated tube that was longer.

Yeah I wished it used USB-C too..

alia176

Explorer
My gf got one of these link from Amazon and we're gonna try it out in her Casita camper this weekend. They look simple enough and I'm guessing all are made in China so a generic knock off oughta work for our application.

Time for an update:

So, we went on two trips and this thing has been working out super nicely. It's worth the <$20 investment my GF made.

Clgarner

Time for an update:

So, we went on two trips and this thing has been working out super nicely. It's worth the <$20 investment my GF made.
Looks like a great value option... question for you: Did you use it with a 5gal jug as its advertised for or mount it another way? I have 5gal scepter jugs but with the way the hose come directly out the bottom is the only down side I see compared to the dometic (but worth saving the $$)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles