Vagabond Outdoors Drifter

Figured I'd chime in here instead of emailing everyone.
I've been trying to get the patent holder to bring me files for months. I've kinda given up on trying to get them at this point. In the time since I first posted here. The landlord to the building has dropped off all Phil left behind in the building. I have some random parts and 1 full camper here so I can start piecing together what can be used and what needs to be tossed.
We might have to make a new back hatch as I've been informed it's no longer being sold.
Most orders are Drifters and I have all of those files So I'm just going to make those when we can fund it and not get their written permission . It's always easier to ask for forgiveness if you ask me ;)

We did get the shirts printed and shipped but you are right it's not the greatest generator of funds it hasn't even covered what it costs to store all the stuff dropped off. I think a go fund me type program would work well but I have no clue how to even start one of those. I'd like to get started but we can't fund building these ourselves, so we have to source funding through donations/sales somehow. We need materials and at least a few guys on a weekends to come help me assemble/Weld them up to start at this point.

There is also a lot of wasted space on the sheets laser cutting the parts and over 300 5'x10' sheets to cut to complete all of list. if there is a company that needs small uniformly shaped .125" 5052 aluminum parts laser cut we can pretty much cut the part for less then they could buy materials for on a bulk order. That would also offset material costs for us to get started producing these as well. So if you know anyone let them know it will help us and them.

The tents will be a large cost for this as well. to keep cost down is buying an industrial machine and making them inhouse would be the best option cost wise but there is also the company that made them for Vagabond but they are pricy to have them make them.

Figured I'd chime in here instead of emailing everyone.
I've been trying to get the patent holder to bring me files for months. I've kinda given up on trying to get them at this point. In the time since I first posted here. The landlord to the building has dropped off all Phil left behind in the building. I have some random parts and 1 full camper here so I can start piecing together what can be used and what needs to be tossed.
We might have to make a new back hatch as I've been informed it's no longer being sold.
Most orders are Drifters and I have all of those files So I'm just going to make those when we can fund it and not get their written permission . It's always easier to ask for forgiveness if you ask me ;)

We did get the shirts printed and shipped but you are right it's not the greatest generator of funds it hasn't even covered what it costs to store all the stuff dropped off. I think a go fund me type program would work well but I have no clue how to even start one of those. I'd like to get started but we can't fund building these ourselves, so we have to source funding through donations/sales somehow. We need materials and at least a few guys on a weekends to come help me assemble/Weld them up to start at this point.

There is also a lot of wasted space on the sheets laser cutting the parts and over 300 5'x10' sheets to cut to complete all of list. if there is a company that needs small uniformly shaped .125" 5052 aluminum parts laser cut we can pretty much cut the part for less then they could buy materials for on a bulk order. That would also offset material costs for us to get started producing these as well. So if you know anyone let them know it will help us and them.

The tents will be a large cost for this as well. to keep cost down is buying an industrial machine and making them inhouse would be the best option cost wise but there is also the company that made them for Vagabond but they are pricy to have them make them.
Appreciate your efforts and the update!

To all those effected this might be the best thing you read all year!

Well over the weekend I was contacted by the patent holders. And they confirm they will be bringing me files to start processing.
We are going to do the drifters first as we have all the parts programmed in the CNC machines to start processing now.

In order to make this work we need to bring in all of the aluminum at once, And that's a hefty price tag so we need to offset some of that up front cost with a deposit of $2000 from the customers.
By taking deposits it will allow us to order full coils of material instead of single sheets. If we fronted the cost and made them one by one the build cost would have to drastically increase with current material prices so deposits will make this cheaper/quicker/smoother. Once the deposits are received we will order material and start processing the Drifters. Nomad orders were working on getting those files and programming
Were still going to go off the Vagabond order page you sent me (what you were invoiced before). I'm trying to keep these as close to the invoice price as possible accounting for what you have already lost. I will note there might be price increases for the add on's like windroors and such as we don't know what the current price is on that stuff just yet and they had no stock of those when we received their abandoned belongings. And some things might be wiped off the order like wiring that would hold up production.

I will be emailing everyone I have an email address for a link to place the deposits as soon as can and we can get moving on these.

Last edited:

mista_g

Appreciate what you are doing Jerry.

If anyone following this thread knows anyone interested in one of these produced by Jerry, please reach out to me. I sold the truck I ordered the Drifter for, but still have access to the price Jerry is offering. Just hoping to recoup a fraction of what I lost in the downpayment. Thanks.

Update!
it's been a long 5 months
We finally have it all worked out and I can confirm have Nomad files to help all the people that want to continue with their Nomad. I wasn't sure if we were going to be able to get the Nomad files but it's now set in stone, well paper but nevertheless it's happening.
I'll have more info in the coming days for you all.

We also have full production rights of both the nomad and drifter! So once we have you guys taken care of these will be brought back to full production under the BAMF name made all under one roof, Ours!

For those who are in the know, the TW thread has been re-opened. Whole-******** bounty of knowledge that I'm very grateful is no longer locked down.

Thank you to @Bayareametalfab for being the driving force (and actually responding to people. Holy crap). Can't wait for things to get poppin' on my camper.

It almost seems too good to be true, the possibility of actually getting something after almost 4 years (!!!?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior