Vagabond Outdoors pop-up camper

Overlanerd

Vagabond Outdoors
Thanks MJ!

I am working the Overland Expo and can't wait to check these out....I assume you folks will be taking orders there?
My goal is to do the Continental Divide again next year border to border (did it 10yrs ago) and I am spec'ing out a new build for SEMA and that trip.
Thanks for making cool stuff and beating on it properly in prototyping (desert pics in the air are killer)
We will definitely be there and taking orders! As exciting as it sounds, I’m more focused on figuring out how to best show people what we’ve created. But we should focus a bit on the logistics around ordering as well!

The continental divide trip sounds great! Really interested to hear about the SEMA build as well.

That would be brilliant! Phil's V1 build gained a slight flatbed extension over the frame and then angled up to a longer overall length. This is great for the 5' bed trucks to have an option to sleep in the camper with the top down if needed.

That would be brilliant! Phil's V1 build gained a slight flatbed extension over the frame and then angled up to a longer overall length. This is great for the 5' bed trucks to have an option to sleep in the camper with the top down if needed.
Yeah like that. There was another member on here and that did something similar with an old flip pac. Having side access would be great.

Recently ran a stump down the side of my truck bed, considering goin to flatbed instead of fixing it.

Found this too.

https://inhabitat.com/this-pop-up-camper-transforms-any-truck-into-a-tiny-mobile-home-in-seconds/

Last edited:
WOW! That's cool Clutch!
Pretty cool, eh? :)

Here is that custom Flip Pac.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/custom-aluminum-flippac-camper-flatbed-or-trailer-version.831541/

I am diggin' that one I found from Australia, looks like a good use of space. I was out in my Wildernest over the weekend...and while I don't normally cook on the inside, I did this time because when I got to camp when it was dark and cold, didn't feel like setting up outside. Always forget how much space is in my 'Nest when I haven't used it for awhile. Nice being able to cook, and not have to convert it later into the sleeping area, left everything up. So not sure a Vagabond shell will work for me...but if it were built like that Ute Tray Canopy...that might work, cooking area on one side and the bed on the other.

Last edited:

Regcabguy

Expedition Leader
OZ has the neatest configurations of 4wd trucks.
They had 4wd Rancheros in '79 when I visited. 6 cylinder,floor shift,hubs. Simple and dependable.