Ventilation Options

boblynch

Adventurer
I’m trying to decide on ventilation equipment for a new hard-sided truck camper. My goal is to reduce the number of camper penetrations and improve the general efficiency of the unit. The unit I’m focusing on is a Northstar Arrow 8.5.

The camper’s standard equipment includes a Fantastic Fan (with thermostat), insulated bathroom skylight, and optional Mach Polar Cub 9200BTU AC with 5600BTU heat strip. It also includes a standard cooktop vent that vents on the driver side. I’ve decided on the 12v Tundra fridge (so no refer vent on the roof will be needed). I’ve also selected the Heki insulated exit vent in the cabover.

Should I keep the Fantastic Fan? Should I upgrade to the Max Vent?
Should I keep the insulated bathroom skylight?
Should I keep the cooktop fan?

What about replacing the fans with a couple solar vents (e.g., Sunsei Solar Vent)?

Should I use the optional Polar Cub? Any other smaller AC units to consider? Any of them not roof mounted?

I’d love to hear first hand experiences with any and all equipment (good and bad). Thanks. Bob

762X39

Explorer
I can't say enough good things about a "fantastic" vent with fan. Same goes for the cooktop vent with fan. The rest.... I dunno. Just my 2 cents worth from my experiences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier