Vests

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
i have a couple of vest and packs set up, i stick with more mil spec type companies such as blackhawk,t.a.g., diamondback, maxepedition, etc. if u want a vest to carry the items u listed u could go with a tac vest with molle webbing so u could configure ur vest to how u need it, on one of mine i run two camelbak hydration pouches on the back, one for the camelbak and one for storage, it also has room for adding first aid kit, chem lights fit in the webbing, and u could place pistol mag pouches where u want them if u feel u need that type of gear,..i do lol...dangerous people are all around,anywayz, the vest others have listed will also provide the basic attributes u were looking for, and its not as noticeable so u could still keep discretion on ur side.

i think a back pack would be great still since it can hold more if and when u need, the pack can remain close to empty just for this purpose, some people load up too much in a pack,it all depends on ur ''situation''...

i would go with a small pack,maxpedition makes some nice gear for descent price...u gta look online for the deals on them,if their packs cost 125 on their site, u can get for around 80 somewhere else.

hope this helped from my .02

Thanks - informative and option laden post - but did you text that to ExPo from a cell phone? :ylsmoke:

I have a few Maxpedition bags and more than few packs. I am thinking a vest might be good for easy access and forcing me to take the 'essentials' vs too much crap. Also, a vest would help with concealed carry during the summer.

Last edited:

xx.xii

Observer
lol nah i didnt post from a cell phone, i just do more texting than actual typing so stick with what works faster for me. i would say the only time i type properl is when im doing business lol.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Vest

Check out the 5.11 vest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibEYwFOIMc

5.11 Tactical Vest

Sixteen specialized pockets are on the outside and lining of the vest to store vital gear or documents. In addition there is a concealed compartment in between the shell and lining of the vest on each side, inside of which is a removable hook and loop panel for mounting modular holsters or other carrying devices (carrying devices not included). The length of the vest also helps to conceal weapons worn at the waist. Enjoy the features that have made The 5.11 Tactical™ Vest the number one choice of law enforcement agencies nation-wide.

• For both men and women
• Velcro badge/name tab
• Velcro pocket closure
• Two interrior document pockets
• Special PDA compartment
• Bellowed pockets
• Interrior removable velcro panels
• Hand warmer pockets
• Venting
• Designed to conceal weapons at waist
• Adjustable snap tabs
• Water bottle pockets
• Rugged double-wall construction
• Tactical canvas
• Available in sizes Small to 2XL
• Three colors available

Darton

Adventurer
I had a couple of army issue tanker vest that tank drivers wear. They would've worked perfectly for what you want becaused they're designed to carry exactly what you said.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Well, after much research, I have picked this vest to test:

It is the Columbia Titanium Field Vest - light weight - great pocket design, and you do not have to look dorky with the collar up as in this photo. It folds flat, thankfully.
a46c635c-1ace-4b57-8c15-a10f64fd70c.jpg

I have also ordered a Kakadu Oiled Cotton Vest. Oddly, the sizing is quite off for them and I have had to send back an XL to get an XXL. The Columbia is an XL and is very generously cut.

47056_tsJPG.jpg

Bad Voodoo

Unassuming Superhero
How about technical vests? Anyone have any personal experience? I'll tell you what I've been researching, but can't seem to find. I like the TAD Gear soft shells, especially the most EXCELLENT 3-season Stealth Hoodie.

I want this jacket (or something very close to it with a Shark Skin-type material) - without sleeves! :victory:

Anyone know of this elusive configuration? :coffee:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles