WAECO FRIDGE PROBLEMS

blackduck

Explorer
Just curious if im the only waeco owner on the planet that has to repair thermistors on a regular basis
The CF80 & 110 comes with 2 fitted thermistors (obvious waeco expects problems) and ive now gone through both of them
now i could send it off to the waeco doctor hand over a couple of hundred of my hard earned dollars then sit back and wait for it to happen again
or just buy ice every day and turn it into a fat esky

or - and heres the point of this post
fit a good old mechanical thermostadt on the power control wire that would isolate power to the compressor and fan when down to temp
with dud thermistor the fridge thinks its 44 deg in the cool box when its actually freezing and the compressor just runs on
if i can shut of the power via a thermostadt without effectng the digital electrikery the thing should last forever

any feedback will be absorbed with interest

basicfish

Observer
CF50 has the same issue

My CF50 has the same issue, I was able to get the compressor controler from the Dometic, but it was the thermostat board. I have not orderd it I would rather use a simple knob style. If you find a suitable thermostat please post about it. My edgstar 63 has been going strong for 4 years.

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94