Wallets

CJCA

Adventurer
couldn't you just remove the wallet when you sit down? seems pretty simple.

Remove my wallet whenever I sit down, a dozen or more times a day? That's a recipe for a lost wallet. It's so much simpler for this old dog to learn an occasional new trick - like front pocket wallet carry.

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Call me old fashioned; but personally I prefer a small old fashioned leather wallet...
Yep I'm with ya. I picked up a nice hand made leather wallet in Brazil a few years ago. I actually had the pleasure of watching the guy put the finishing touches on it before selling it to me. It's been tough as nails, it's simple, and is beautifully crafted.

Storz

Explorer
Harken sailcloth

hk2517_2.jpg

Redsrover

Filson Outfitter, all leather, lasts decades.

8 card slots, two card pockets and divided bill pocket. Perfection for $100. I've had mine for 5 years now and it looks new. It replaced a Bosca alligator wallet that fell apart after about 12 years. I actually prefer the Filson even though I carry it in my back pocket only when I'm not at work (goes in desk with keys) or home (on kitchen counter bowl with keys).

A few bills folded around six (just counted) plastic cards that include driving license, etc. secured with a Red rubber band - the paper kid brings me a new one every Sunday - and placed in the front left pants pocket.

We don' need no steenkin wallets :sombrero:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
I use the Spec Ops wallet when I use one at all.

Normally I just carry my ID and ATM/CC in a small leather ID holder.

Less is more when it comes to carrying a wallet IMO.

detailbarn

Adventurer
I lost the back pocket wallet about 8 years ago due pain in my back that the doc said could lead to servere nerve damage. Went to a front pocket wallet and have loved it ever since. Not only did it help the back pain but I also have no worries of pick pockets getting this out of my pocket.

Had this one for 8 years and the metal clip just started to wear thru the leather. Holds my license, debit card, back up credit card medical directive and enough cash for a week or two. I Highly reccomend it.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/search/searchresults/35843.aspx?feature=product_19

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Nilson Outfitter, all leather, lasts decades.

8 card slots, two card pockets and divided bill pocket. Perfection for $100. I've had mine for 5 years now and it looks new. It replaced a Bosca alligator wallet that fell apart after about 12 years. I actually prefer the Filson even though I carry it in my back pocket only when I'm not at work (goes in desk with keys) or home (on kitchen counter bowl with keys).

I also use a Filson Outfitter. I use their coat, belt, wallet ,laptop bag and my large outfitter bag has been packed and drug around the world non-stop for 15 years for work. Check out how the large outfitter bag has held up after 15 years non stop field service travel. It flew in with me last night and I'm packed and ready to go for a flight on Sunday. Notice how it collapses down to the size of the load yet expands to the size shown in the catalog. Dirty shoes have a separate place in the bottom and dirty laundry winds up in the side compartments. Filson is the stuff if you really use it hard. I use it for work and play because it always looks good and you can't kill it. A lifetime guaranteed wallet from them was a no brainier due to my experience with their products.
http://www.filson.com/product/index...&cp=2069836.2065001.2075128&parentPage=family

filson.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne