Wanted-Astro Tiger LX motor home

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Astro said:
77Blazerchalet:Fry's store??????.RV trader??????.Don't have links to either???.

Lynn:7/11??????.Sorry guys I don't have any idea what either of you are talking about.

The last picture you shown 77Blazerchalet,it's a Dodge and looks like a home built.

Sorry, I guess I assumed everyone know about the 7/11 convenience stores. I think that the Fry's that 77Blazerchalet was reffering to is the Fry's electronics store chain. Both Fry's and 7/11 sell RV Trader magazine.

RV trader is a newprint magazine that lists RVs for sale. They also have an online presence. They have local editions all over the country. They publish Car Trader, Truck Trader, Boat Trader, and the like.

I think 77Blazerchalet posted that last picture in jest, to illustrate his last statement
somedays I'm not sure of anything I see

Astro

Lynn said:
Sorry, I guess I assumed everyone know about the 7/11 convenience stores. I think that the Fry's that 77Blazerchalet was reffering to is the Fry's electronics store chain. Both Fry's and 7/11 sell RV Trader magazine.

RV trader is a newprint magazine that lists RVs for sale. They also have an online presence. They have local editions all over the country. They publish Car Trader, Truck Trader, Boat Trader, and the like.

I think 77Blazerchalet posted that last picture in jest, to illustrate his last statement

Lynn-I do know about 7/11 stores.I also found and know about RV trader.I just didn't connect the dots when Fry's came into the posts because that is one thing I don't know about.

I was ref'ed to a listing in Reno for a XL.They are asking $6,850 for it and I still believe I can find one cheaper than that.(Call me crazy,but....)So the search continues.Whatever help you good folks can provide I say thanks in advance.

Gary

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Astro said:
....So the search continues.Whatever help you good folks can provide I say thanks in advance.

Gary

Gary,

I'll keep my eye out, but I've only stumbled on a few.

Matter if fact, I only found out about the Provan Astros about a year ago when a GT came up on the Austin area craigslist. I think the guy was asking about $3500 for it. I really wanted to buy it as a project, but we couldn't afford it, and it really wouldn't be suitable for a family of four, anyway. Didn't keep me from wanting it. I know he didn't sell it then, because I saw it listed again several months later. Don't know if he sold it the second time around.

Astro

Lynn,
I corrected myself by saying the XL's are the model that are hard top motor homes.The GT's are pop-up style campers.I want a XL.In part the reason why they are so desired is the 16 mpg while still having some room to tow.For me,if I found one, it would be part of a two set-up fleamarket vendor operation where it would tow my smaller vendor trailer to single date markets while my other RV and dual 12' trailer stayed at multi date market.The current van planned in place of a XL is a 1985 high top Astro(nicknamed "Ole Yellar") that I am in the process of converting a V8 350 TBI Chevy for it.

Talk to ya soon,

Gar

sweetblondie

WHAT YOU are Looking for!

Astro said:
Tiger motor homes where built by Provans used Astro's as a platform from the early 1985's till GM stopped building the Astro's.The GT's where pop-up versions and the XL versions are hard tops.With the 4.3 V6 they are know for 16 mpg which is generally unheard of in motor homes.The ref listing is now at $16,500 and out of range for me.I am looking for a LX one in any condition that needs restoring.Gary[/QUOT

HELLO! I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN FIND ONE FOR $1,700 and the mileage is at 39,000, it is an LX, with new tires and in Minnesota. I do not know where you are located. It does need some TLC, but contact me if you are interested in it: nice biker blondie at hotmail dot com : is my email address, of course take out the spaces and at the symbols at the at and the dot....

77blazerchalet

Former Chalet owner
sweetblondie said:
..I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN FIND ONE FOR $1,700..
Bait and switch scam. I promptly sent my money and they sent a deed to the Brooklyn Bridge. Idiots' order processing department is messed up, and I didn't want any more problematic real estate, I just wanted a cheap camper. Oh, well. I'll sell it at a loss just to get it off my hands, if any of you want it. $1,000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior