Wanted: Range Rover Classic Boge Load Leveler Frame Mount or Whole Assembly

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Hello all, Does anyone have the upper frame mount for a Range Rover Classic Boge load leveler strut or even a whole assembly they would be willing to part with? I know lots of people have removed these. Any lying around?

Thanks,

David

tacr2man

Adventurer
You will be lucky to find a working boge leveler unit , they are unobtanium in UK , and there have been various discussions about something , like an airspring to take their place , but with no end result so far . The one on my110 has just called it a day ( only lasted 29 years) so have gone to 130 dual spring set up.

David Harris

Expedition Leader
You will be lucky to find a working boge leveler unit , they are unobtanium in UK , and there have been various discussions about something , like an airspring to take their place , but with no end result so far . The one on my110 has just called it a day ( only lasted 29 years) so have gone to 130 dual spring set up.

I am indeed building an air strut to replace mine. I have all the parts to do so, except the upper frame mount which a previous owner removed along with the load leveler unfortunately. I had a working Boge on my 92 Range Rover and really liked it. Plush Range Rover ride and articulation with the capability of carrying up to 1500 lbs in the rear.

David

tacr2man

Adventurer
Be really interested to see the finished article , if affordable and effective , would be a big market out there, as they were specced when the end result justified the cost , but were discontinued when the bean counters got dominance. It was a brilliant bit of engineering , allowing a really smooth ride over rough terrain , and still carry a decent load .IIRC someone tried replacing the boge unit with a coil spring off a mazda 626 , dont recall ever reading the result

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles