Wanted: Volkswagen Westfalia Syncro 4x4 Vanagon

dare2go

Observer
Hi there

a friend of mine, a keen surfer, is looking for a 4x4 camping vehicle to travel to Latin America. The preferred option would be a VW Vanagon 4x4 with Westfalia fit-out!
If you know of any for sale please send me a PM!!

A second option could be a fitted out US-4x4 camper, of a size to fit into a shipping container, and reliable enough to be taken onto remote beaches.

We are in Australia, but my mate has close friends in California, who are in the vehicle trade and repair business - they will be the contact partner and buyer, with full authority to make a decision on the spot = the vendor will deal with a trustworthy local cash buyer (no headache with overseas transaction). Time frame: from now until late 2011.

Any lead would be appreciated!! :clapsmile

Last edited:

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
GoWesty near San Luis Obispo has one right now. They ask(and get) a fair penny for their vehicles but, they have been thoroughly gone through and are in great mechanical order.

-Chris

SWbySWesty

Fauxverland Extraodinaire
when I'm done restoring mine....LOOKOUT! hehehehehe Trade for an EarthRoamer or brand new Sportsmobile ;)

micklongley

Observer
Not a syncro but...

So I know its not a syncro, but its kitted well and does great offroad - its also reasonably priced I think. I've taken it on some pretty gnarly roads in baja and its done great getting to the beaches and the like. It would be pretty easy to mount surfboards I would think - I'm from the mountains so not much surfing around here :) I just posted in the classifieds: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/63703-1984-Volkswagen-Vanagon-Westfalia-High-top-Subaru-2.2L-motor-Lifted-12-000-obo

Mick

dare2go

Observer
I think the idea of buying a VW Synchro in the States is dead - probably will look in Germany, where one still can afford them, and then ship to Halifax...
Cheers.

dare2go

Observer
Never say never...

The car is meant for travel to South America, hence country of origin/registration/plates don't matter much!

Funny you find 20,500 Dollar$ for van (which is not running) a bargain, when in Germany with some luck you can find a drivable Synchro Type 3 for around 4,000 Euros, T4s cheaper, with full camping fit-out (which my friend doesn't really need) starting at 7,000 Euros, or for a little over 10,000 Euros an upmarket camper in excellent condition. Here's a beautiful one, ex fire department bus with original 137,000kms, for only 10,000 Dollars. All prices tend to go down after Summer (late September onwards). This vehicle is required as a surf van for basic beach camping...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94