Warhorse- LS3 Connect & cruise, total rebuild with a twist

NCFJ

Adventurer
This truck will be getting Lizard Skin inside and out, sound deadening and thermal. Frame and suspension will be taken to bare metal and painted, axles rebuilt, new brakes and a laundry list of other work as well.

NCFJ

Adventurer
A little surgery was required. Removing enough frame to make the wheelbase work under the 60 was fun. I sleeved it with a box made from 1/4" steel, 18" long. Seam was left open enough for the welds to penetrate well into the inner sleeve. 46 rosette welds total. I do not think it will move :)

In case you are wondering, this is the "twist"

NCFJ

Adventurer
More frame cutting fun!
The frame has to raise up to the bottom of the rule, a bit over two inches, in order for the 4 rear body mounts to work and be OK for bumper height. I only wanted to make one cut on the frame and not lose any length or add plate to it. So if I cut in just the right spot I can flip it over and weld it right up the same seam and gain the height I need

Point of no return?

NCFJ

Adventurer
Did I mention that due to the outer C of the frame box being larger than the inner C, I need to flip the frame sections side to side in order for the outer C to remain the larger section?

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
I can't see the pics either and I sure would like to. I have used FB to host pics in the past and it doesn't work. I would suggest uploading them here, I would love to see the project Stan! It sounds killer and having built an FJ142 I am particularly interested.

Cheers