Warn hub problems please help!

XJBANKER

Explorer
The inner bearing blew up on my passenger side. Problem is when installing the new bearing it is loose inside. It is the right bearing becasue it is tight on the drivers side but not this onE. I think it is too beat up does anyone know where I can get this hub peice replaced? It is the part that holds the studs that connects to the rotor. Is it possible that it is the Same on a ranger or ford explorer? I know warn stopped making this and I am going to try and call randys ring and pinion today to see if they might have something.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Call Six States in SLC, not only are they are major Warn dealer but they also stock a large variety of light duty axle parts too.

DrMoab

Explorer
Steve, Warn did stop making them but the licensed the kit to Randys R&P. You can get parts from them.

Dollars to donuts says that warn still has parts for them though.

XJBANKER

Explorer
Six States did not have it in stock but Randy's is mailing it out today. $109 for the Hub (not the spindle that is still ok) and 4 seals so I have some spares just in case some other friends need to replace theirs.

Thanks for the help guys.

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
So, does anyone know if Randy's are ever going to start selling the old Warn kits again? I'm thinking of the hub kits and the full float kits in particular. It's been a number of years since they bought the rights but I haven't seen anything from Randy's since.

DrMoab

Explorer
So, does anyone know if Randy's are ever going to start selling the old Warn kits again? I'm thinking of the hub kits and the full float kits in particular. It's been a number of years since they bought the rights but I haven't seen anything from Randy's since.

Look around. It is for sale now.

I looked into getting this about six months ago and they had them in stock then.

wjeeper

I do know that the lockout hub is a direct interchange with an exploder/ranger hub. Usually every visit to Tear-a-part you can find a locking hub or two. (usually for around $15-20) Lots of vehicles that had automatic hubs that failed were swapped out to warn hubs. May be worthwhile looking into getting a spare hub..............

The spindle and hub are custom from what I remember. The outer wheel bearing and the 27 spline lockout hub are the same as on a 91-94 exploder/ranger FWIW

But looks like you have it covered already:elkgrin:

Root Moose

Expedition Leader
give them a call 1-866-631-0196

Ask jeremy ex 5533

Look around. It is for sale now.

I looked into getting this about six months ago and they had them in stock then.

I exchanged email with Jeremy.

The hub kits are available now but the full float kits are not.

My debate now is whether to bother with FF or get a custom 9" FF axle made or run the Dana 44 that I have. (This is for my YJ project this winter).

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Perhaps I missed something here...

But Warn has a life time warrenty on their hubs. Just take the busted one in to a dealer along with your recipt (you need to bring in both sides, preferably in the original box not not needed) and they magically give you a new set. Bring in all the pieces that you have on the broken one.

I have done it three times now. Painless, easy, and very nice. (Unless I am missing something, in which case I am sorry for the confusion)

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94