Warning 2wd Tahoe alert sold my 4wd z71

B.G.

I been running my wife's lowered 2wd Tahoe thats got a semi built motor in it. I have not been "off" road per say, but have camped in the back of it a few times while fishing or just hanging out with friends.

I have been impressed by the room and capability of it. Plus the ability to basically be able to set up a bed in the back.

I'm now having a hard time of do I want another truck or a Tahoe now. It will definitely be of the 99-06 generation though.

I have included a picture of it on its offroad wheels and tires.

What do yall think of this platform?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1638757596380.jpg
    FB_IMG_1638757596380.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 41

billiebob

Not a thing wrong with 2WD.
The world was discovered with 2WD long before we had global positioning to rescue us.
All AWD does is ensure you are royally stuck when you get stuck.

More on the topic... what do I think.... getting rid of the running boards makes more sense than a semi built motor.

But, all that counts is time spent in a sleeping bag.

Last edited:

B.G.

This thing was never built with this ever in its plans. It was going to be a Tahoe ss clone, but everyone does that and we decided to stop at the motor. Wife likes the running boards. This is just a temporary setup for me. I'm very careful if off the road due to it being lowered.

At least I know I can camp at the car show if needed or on the power tour.

wirenut

Adventurer
If you don't really need a truck bed I'd absolutely go with an SUV. My first vehicle was an S-10 Blazer. It wasn't big enough so I sold it and got a K5. I should have kept it but I didn't. Now I have a 2009 2500 Suburban. I wish it were bigger. I can fold the rear seats forward and sleep in the back with plenty of room. When we tow the boat to the lake I have room for the whole family of 5 inside and all our clothes, food, gear, etc. isn't in any danger of blowing away on the drive. When parked at the marina everything is locked up secure. I do have a truck for when I need a truck but for camping, off roading, recreation, travel, etc. I'll take the Sub everytime I can.
I'd really skip the Tahoe and just get a Suburban. Just like I tend to skip 2500 trucks and just get a 3500. If you're going to do it, do it right. I really like having the 2500 with the 6.0 engine: no cylinder deactivation nonsense.

B.G.

I had a Yukon xl and sold it. Got this one and like it. Only thing I'm worried with Suv on is that I hunt and fish so the putting of game and smell getting into stuff is a slight worry for me.

I might be over thinking it. Plus I have a 4 wheeler that goes sometime. A trailer could solve that issue.

pigsammy

Get a harbor freight hitch carrier. A Contico plastic footlocker will fit fine and hold wet or smelly gear, a lock and small piece of chain will lock the bin closed and to the carrier. Larger game will fit on the rack as well. A couple cheap tarps and/or Weather tech type cargo area liner will keep the interior clean.

B.G.

Me and the wife were talking about this today. I'm going to save a few more grand which will be around March or beginning of April before I buy something. Hopefully I miss the tax season mark ups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior