Watches - ExPo Style

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Kojack, I really really wanted an Omega Speedmaster or Seamaster but I $5,000 is too much for me to dish out for a watch. So after looking I decided on the Hamilton. Turns out the company that makes that owns the watch company also makes the parts that goes into Omegas.

I have a speedmaster chronograph and a Breitling montbrilliant datora that don't get worn as much since getting the Tissot Seastar. I REALLY like that Hammy with the mesh band.... I hate to be a copycat, but when I invest in another timepiece that just may be it.

Donkey_jaw

Observer
Yuman, I'll trade straight up for your Speedmaster or Breitling :sombrero:

But don't worry about being a copy cat. I made the mistake and ordered a different mesh band before the one you see in the picture. It was a finer mesh but didn't look "right" on there. Too shiny. So I immediately ordered the thicker mesh with a clasp. Took me a while but I was able to change bands and adjust it myself. I have a small took kit thats perfect for glasses, watches, etc. I use those more than my ratchet set. Thanks for the compliments by the way. What part of NC are you from?

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
This is my watch before I changed the band
Hamilton%20Original.jpg

I like that. Very classy.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Yuman, I'll trade straight up for your Speedmaster or Breitling :sombrero:

But don't worry about being a copy cat. I made the mistake and ordered a different mesh band before the one you see in the picture. It was a finer mesh but didn't look "right" on there. Too shiny. So I immediately ordered the thicker mesh with a clasp. Took me a while but I was able to change bands and adjust it myself. I have a small took kit thats perfect for glasses, watches, etc. I use those more than my ratchet set. Thanks for the compliments by the way. What part of NC are you from?

Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass for now... lol. I live in New Bern. I'm originally from NY, but I've lived in AZ since 1997.

LoneSniper

I have a Casio G-Shock Rangeman on at the moment. It's a very rugged watch and has the perfect name if you are a shooter.
72014873da403dadd9586e28a5ac9c13.jpg

I also have an Android Wear LG G watch but using that less and less these days.

Jason911

Adventurer
Luminox series 8802. Subtle, not ostentatious in any way like so many other "tacti-cool" watches out there. Waterproof, excellent in low/zero light and one heck of a warranty. Replaced the band with a Maratac Zulu, and it part of my everyday carry kit. View attachment 286124

The_Dude

Adventurer
Just got this from my wife for Christmas. Hard to beat a timex for durability and bang for the buck!
acf685b826b8d040573bb9da8e688fea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moabian

I had a Suunto Observer Titanium for quite a few years and loved it...but wanted something more modern with more features, including GPS. I picked up the Garmin Fenix 3 Sapphire and have been extremely impressed with it. The GPS is spot on and there are a growing number of apps available for it.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
This is almost like my hammy! Mine has date in a different spot however...at the 3 o'clock mark...a very different watch.

H65412133.jpg

Jamin_GX

Adventurer
Looking good! I've had my Core for about 3.5 yrs and it's been bulletproof. Been through a few Tough Mudders and daily wear and while the bezel is beginning to show its age, it just keeps going.

Oh, and that orange NATO strap is a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I love my Suunto Core, and wear it every day. Battery died again on my a few days ago, so I switched over to my Casio Tough Solar Multi Band 6...also a great watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles