Watches - ExPo Style

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
1M-DV74Y7B-1_zpssrdtxlug.jpg

Well, I got myself another watch. Opted for a St. Moritz / Momentum Torpedo Blast 44 with a NATO band and upgraded sapphire crystal. Love the look and feels substantial. It's supposed to be a pretty durable watch, and that's what I'm looking for. It's a Canadian-based company, Japanese movement, and assembled in Blaine, WA.

Last edited:

DiscoDavis

Explorer
763735d1389440932-unerwarteter-jahresabschluss-2013-steinhart-ocean-one-vintage-dscn1411.jpg

(not my photo, same model. My bezel has a lot more scratches)

Still banging away with wrenches, trans fluid, gear oil, hammers, lots of heat, lots of cold. My beater quartz Wenger broke so this is the only thing that keeps time. Goes everywhere with me. If you manage to find one with an ST5 movement (they went to a less decorated one after a year or so of production, still fine), they're heirloom quality. Steinhart divers in general have been bulletproof.

el_topu

Adventurer

Well, I got myself another watch. Opted for a St. Moritz / Momentum Torpedo Blast 44 with a NATO band and upgraded sapphire crystal. Love the look and feels substantial. It's supposed to be a pretty durable watch, and that's what I'm looking for. It's a Canadian-based company, Japanese movement, and assembled in Blaine, WA.

Nice watch!

vati kaki

Observer

9200d8d2356cef796d9110762b6dd2ef.jpg

Look like they make these also

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
The new Casio android wear 2.0 is awesome. It works with IOS now too....can't wait to get mine. I have a casio/pro trek/g shock fetish lately. I sent my pro trek to be repaired. I changed the batteries and the buttons got stuck for some reason. I can't wait to get it back...I use the functions all the time.

Lykos

Super Trucker
I've been wearing Timex Ironman watches since high school for work and play. They are hard to beat for the money.
Any watch over $200 is REALLY expensive for me so my Suunto and Citizen were splurges. The Suunto Core is great but eats batteries. The Citizen Eco is a good solid time piece but the dial is a bit small for 46 year old eyes.
So, Timex for the win.

Stryder106

Explorer
Mine is a Rouchefoucauld. The thinnest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland, and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is *the* sports watch and it tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverly Hills, London, Paris, Rome, and Gstaad. It retails for $6,950, but I picked it up in a Philadelphia pawn shop for $50.

TripLeader

Explorer
I've been wearing Timex Ironman watches since high school for work and play. They are hard to beat for the money.
Any watch over $200 is REALLY expensive for me so my Suunto and Citizen were splurges. The Suunto Core is great but eats batteries. The Citizen Eco is a good solid time piece but the dial is a bit small for 46 year old eyes.
So, Timex for the win.

Same here. I usually beat them up after about 3 years. Then I buy a new one for $35. That suits my needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online