Water Pump and Faucet Idea

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Just curious you guys thoughts on a water faucet idea I had for my trailer.

Water will be for cleaning dishes etc, not drinking not showering.

Thinking about mounting a "pot filler faucet" above the fender and placing a collapsible tub on the fender. Then supply the faucet using a 1 gpm 3/8" pump from a 7 gallon water jug. The faucet folds flat to the wall when not being used and traveling.

Would 1 GPM be adequate?
What brand pump do you suggest?

Idea behind the 7 gallon portable jug/container is that it's easy to take out to refill plus I have no room under the trailer for a permanent tank.

Link to the faucet....
Aquafaucet Wall Mounted Pot Filler Kitchen Faucet With Double Joint Swing Arm Brushed Nickel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014CSGBHG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_i_RZjgBb236NX6D

Link to pump.... my cost $28.99
https://m.northerntool.com/products/shop~tools~product_200631750_200631750?adv=true

Trailer pic for reference

IMG_7802.JPG

Thanks

R Thomas

Observer
To start, that's a good looking trailer. I think your idea will work, but I would want a cover for the faucet. If it's only a bag full of replaceable plastic covers, fine. I wouldn't want to start washing or drinking from a faucet that spent the last 12 hours driving off road toward MOAB.

Maybe a retractable faucet behind a flip cover?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Slow morning at work = googling

I think I found a better idea that would keep the dirt debris etc off the faucet, thanks for the heads up Thomas

IMG_1275.PNGIMG_1276.PNG

ottsville

Observer
Those shower faucets are pretty poor quality and also the hose goes up out of the box from the top of the faucet and back down into the box from a little to the left. How about mounting something a little better in a pelican box mounted to the side? Or simply a hose cock on the outside?

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Thanks, I haven't seen the RV shower box first hand but the price concerned me w the level of quality.

Mounting a box I'd considered but that eats up a lot of space no the sink/tubs might not fit on the fenders.

I'd like something a little easier to use than a typical hose spout, I might head to Lowe's later and see what I can find.

ratled

Adventurer
I use one of these for most of my camp needs. Works well, plenty of pressure to wash dishes but doesn't hog water and best of all you can get them for under $20 to the door from Amazon or E Bay

ratled

12v-electric-shower.jpg

JMacs

Observer
Don't know if you noticed, but the Northstar pump is not food grade. It is built for spraying chemicals, "Compatible with Roundup® agricultural brand herbicides ". Might be OK if you are just rinsing off dishes, or for a shower. But I wouldn't want to drink water from it.

ratled

Adventurer
That’s cool does it just drop into a bucket?

Yes it drops in to a bucket, jug etc. It is marketed as a camp shower and it works very well for washing dishes. It comes complete with pump that fits in SOME camp water jugs, sprayer head and has a 12v on off switch as well as on/off water flow on the head.

ratled

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Don't know if you noticed, but the Northstar pump is not food grade. It is built for spraying chemicals, "Compatible with Roundup® agricultural brand herbicides ". Might be OK if you are just rinsing off dishes, or for a shower. But I wouldn't want to drink water from it.
Thx but since it’s not drinking water I’m not concerned.

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Ordered this, what's you guys thoughts on a pump... 1 gpm or 2.2 gpm ?

Attachments

• IMG_1284.PNG
    IMG_1284.PNG
    441.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1287.PNG
    IMG_1287.PNG
    923.5 KB · Views: 34

FosterWV

Baller On A Budget
Thanks, I was curious if 1 gpm would be enough ??

We use FloJet pumps at work w great results, but $28 w 2 year warranty for the Northern Tool pump I can’t pass it up and thanks for the advice on the ShurFlo pump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior