WaterPORT Shower System Review

mulze22

I ordered one and it 'should" be delivered on Thursday, of course it went on sale 3 days after I bought it. I have been thinking about mounting it on a Front Runner rack and may have, in my designers eye, come up with a mount that will work with flat bars. several solutions come to mind. I'll know soon.
I have sent request to Costco for price adjustment, hope it works. The difference of $40 is sugnificant to me.

Please post your solution to mounting to the Front Runner. Would be very curious to see your solution.

This thing looks pretty handy. We have used the Nemo Helio, which is nice, but the Waterport would be nice if hitch mounted. For those that have these, do you feel the hitch mount option is robust enough for driving on rough or washboarded roads with the unit full of water?

ETA: Watching the video clip on the Costco site, at :28 when the guy is pumping up the Waterport, it looks like it's moving around a lot. Doesn't look like the hitch mount is very solid in this example.

Not sure if this video link will work here, but I'll try.

I agree with @gunsandgearnetwork that the hitch is definitely beefy. It attaches to the water port solidly but there is some slop in the receiver itself. Maybe put a shim in it? But its not going to do much damage.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Thing is there so many reiterations of roof rack showers that even if this Waterport works for you there are others to try. So many on Youtube for less $$. It is just that this is easier to just buy.
Keep in mind that these are only for a roof rack and are really not portable.

WhatTheZo

I use mine frequently (surfing before work) and the only thing that has gone out on it is the manual pump. I have a cheapo 12v air compressor that I use only for the waterport that does the job. It's the perfect size to carry around without being cumbersome. Would also recommend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

krick3tt

Adventurer
Received the WaterPort tank on Thursday as they promised. Having looked it over I have devised a very simple system to hold it on the Front Runner rack. I have most of the bits in my supply of random metal but will have to get one more item from the hardware store to complete the fabrication. This thing comes with a lot of parts anyway, most I will not use but they might be useful on other things I make. Be working on it this afternoon.
1 1/2 x 2 angle and 1 inch flat stock (welded to each other) painted black with undercoating (Wurth) Used the screws that came with the container. Had to cut off one corner to allow for hose attachment. Fits on the rack and does not wobble, not filled yet waiting for the trip coming up.

Attachments

• DSC00585.JPG
    DSC00585.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 84
  • DSC00586.JPG
    DSC00586.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 75
  • DSC00587.JPG
    DSC00587.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 84
  • DSC00588.JPG
    DSC00588.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 80
  • DSC00589.JPG
    DSC00589.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Lucky j

Explorer
I ordered one and it 'should" be delivered on Thursday, of course it went on sale 3 days after I bought it. I have been thinking about mounting it on a Front Runner rack and may have, in my designers eye, come up with a mount that will work with flat bars. several solutions come to mind. I'll know soon.
I have sent request to Costco for price adjustment, hope it works. The difference of $40 is sugnificant to me.
Yea, join the crowd I bought before they went on sale. $40.00 is a big saving for sure. Guess I am stuck since I used my sisters membership.

Just get back to them, Costco have a policy for item that went on sale just after you purchased the,. Even if you used your sister's membership, she can get it back for you. 30 days if memory is good.

krick3tt

Adventurer
Got an email from Costco that I have been sent a refund of $43 to my credit card. Gotta love that.
Haven't seen it appear in the card file yet though.
edit: got refund!!

Last edited:

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I just found out about these today and am seriously wanting one. My thought is to use the receiver hitch mount and put it on the front bumper of my Jeep (to get some weight back forward). Does anyone know what the outside dimensions of the tank are? I can't seem to find that info. The weight of the unit with water in it would be awesome too.

I have onboard air, so pressurizing it should be a breeze. What a cool feature.

gunsandgearnetwork

I just found out about these today and am seriously wanting one. My thought is to use the receiver hitch mount and put it on the front bumper of my Jeep (to get some weight back forward). Does anyone know what the outside dimensions of the tank are? I can't seem to find that info. The weight of the unit with water in it would be awesome too.

I have onboard air, so pressurizing it should be a breeze. What a cool feature.

I will try and get you some measurements tomorrow. It holds 3.8 gallons so that is around 32 lbs of water plus the unit I would guess is around 8 to 10 lbs. so around 40 to 45 lbs total.

goFWD

Picked up one of these in the recent Costco sale, should be here tomorrow. For mounting options on a flat rack, I noticed that Rago Fabrication recently released a roof rack mount: https://www.ragofabrication.com/products/waterport-roof-rack-mount. It's rather expensive at $74.95 but appears to be more of a universal mount that can work with various flat racks based on the number of slots and holes it has to allow for bolting it down. At the very least, it might serve as inspiration for a DIY project.

CyberRube2

Received the WaterPort tank on Thursday as they promised. Having looked it over I have devised a very simple system to hold it on the Front Runner rack. I have most of the bits in my supply of random metal but will have to get one more item from the hardware store to complete the fabrication. This thing comes with a lot of parts anyway, most I will not use but they might be useful on other things I make. Be working on it this afternoon.
1 1/2 x 2 angle and 1 inch flat stock (welded to each other) painted black with undercoating (Wurth) Used the screws that came with the container. Had to cut off one corner to allow for hose attachment. Fits on the rack and does not wobble, not filled yet waiting for the trip coming up.

Thank you for this! I just got mine and was thinking of doing the same thing as welll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online