WaterPORT_SelfMount_Side1_1024x1024.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen-Shot-2015-08-26-at-10.18.50-PM-283x283.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2015-08-26-at-10.18.50-PM-283x283.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Screen-Shot-2015-12-31-at-2.32.38-PM-283x283.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2015-12-31-at-2.32.38-PM-283x283.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 102
I like the idea but as you say, 3.5 gallons is not much. If I understand it correctly the pressure in the tank comes from your house pressure. This means that the pressure will drop back to zero while using the sprayer. Because of this am not sure if you can really get all 3.5 gallons out.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
If a pressurized water source is unavailable, the tank can be filled and then pressurized by using a standard bicycle pump.

kwill

Observer
If a pressurized water source is unavailable, the tank can be filled and then pressurized by using a standard bicycle pump.

They don't advertize this. Have you communicated with them to that effect? I would me much more interested in it if I could refill it from a jerry can and pressurize it with my onboard air compressor.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
If it can be pressurized with a bike pump it can be with a air compressor . The issue would be over pressurizing the tank. As for filling it from a jerry can, a simple hose set up can be easily put together.

kwill

Observer
If it can be pressurized with a bike pump it can be with a air compressor . The issue would be over pressurizing the tank. As for filling it from a jerry can, a simple hose set up can be easily put together.

Sure, and in some of the photos it looks like there may be a Schrader valve on the end of the tank. I just don't see any mention of it on their website. The Rinse Kit people have promised that they are developing a way to do the same thing but so far they don't have the capability to pressurize their system without city water.

perkj

Explorer
it's stated right on the website (http://the-waterport.myshopify.com/products/waterport-bed-mounted):

This tank is easily filled and pressurized simultaneously with a standard garden hose. Simply connect, fill and your ready for use. If a pressurized water source is unavailable, the tank can be filled and then pressurized by using a standard bicycle pump. Either method allows the user 5+ showers of fresh pressurized water.

Update: url above fixed

Last edited:

kwill

Observer
Thanks! Your link didn't work for me but I went to their website and dug a little deeper and found it. Reading is fundamental. :)

robgendreau

Explorer
Or just put a schrader valve in a Scepter type 5G tank and attach a garden hose.

attachment.php

kwill

Observer
Neat, but it doesn't address a couple of issues for me:
1. Tried it and I couldn't get mine to work very well. It wouldn't hold pressure. Probably my poor craftsmanship. BTW, don't you have to have an interior pipe or tube that goes to the bottom of the Scepter can?
2. I want to install mine inside an aftermarket bumper. A long skinny tank like the WaterPORT might work. A Scepter can doesn't; even the 2.5 gallon size.

Freebird

Adventurer
Custom make yourself what you want using plastic (many sizes and fittings) plumbing pipe plus a valve stem to pressurize.
Use angle(s) and reducer(s) and a cap at the fill hole. It probably won't hold pressure between uses, but it is easy to pressurize again.
As long and skinny or fat as you wish, only limited by the many sizes of pipes available.

kwill

Observer
That's the direction I was headed. I was looking to make a tank out of 10" or 8"" diameter PVC pipe with end caps.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I emailed the company and asked if they had any plans on appealing to the camping /over-landing community by making a larger capacity system. Silence so far. I'll let know if I hear back from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier