Weird Dometic behavior - ideas?

UltraDFW

Dometic CFX 50W. About 6 months old. Spontaneously stopped cooling in March on AC power. Fuses all good. Flipped the override switch, unplugged/replugged, waved a dead chicken at it, returned the override switch back to normal, and it cooled again to my setpoint.

All good until yesterday. Same process, spontaneously started cooling again.

Before I get it checked out by the service center, thoughts? Doesn't seem like the compressor or refrigerant or fuse is the problem. Motherboard? Short?

History: Spoke to Dometic shortly after I first got it when I noticed that temp always ran ~5 degrees above the setpoint. (My other Dometic is always +/-2 degrees.) They said it was within spec.

HOOLIGAN

The 4x4 Podcast
Is this the new model that has Dometic's own compressor or does it have the Danfoss compressor? I'm more curious than anything. I was looking at getting a new Dometic, but was seeing people were having issues with the new models.

basicfish

Observer
My old and still in use CF50 had a similar issue. I thought it maybe the control board,so ordered a replacement, new one had a different version number on it.
went to swap the boards out and discovered the temperature sensor looked like it was plugged in, but it was loose. re seated it and its worked for the past several years.
If I had to buy a new one, I would buy one of the ones off amazon for a few hundred bucks. My son has a 20l and its been flawless for about 3 years.

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94