Expedition Portal Joins Sema build with @weldtecdesigns

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
I know that at times you can be a tough crowd and really hope that you guys will chime in with this years SEMA build. Please let us know if there is something specific you would like to see built or more how to videos. We are here to learn from all of you, what you like on your and what you would do different. Our goal is to build a Chevrolet Express 3500 in to a fun camping exploration van.
Before we begin if you are not following us on social media for some reason????????? Please like or subscribe our page..... you missed this post......
I am really excited that as our van build continues so does our family!
http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/jeremy983_10/media/fbannouncement.jpg.html] [/URL]

Teamoatmealpie

Observer
I know that at times you can be a tough crowd and really hope that you guys will chime in with this years SEMA build. Please let us know if there is something specific you would like to see built or more how to videos. We are here to learn from all of you, what you like on your and what you would do different. Our goal is to build a Chevrolet Express 3500 in to a fun camping exploration van.
Before we begin if you are not following us on social media for some reason????????? Please like or subscribe our page..... you missed this post......
I am really excited that as our van build continues so does our family!
http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/jeremy983_10/media/fbannouncement.jpg.html] [/URL]

joshsm1tty

@Weldtec Designs congrats on the good news! I just picked up a 2011 express 3500 155" for my growing family. I was wondering if 265-70-17 or maybe even 285-70-17 tires fit with your 3" spindle lift. I'm not sure if I want to go the full 5" since we'll be using the van mostly for road trips and light offroad camping. thanks

Last edited:

whith

Congrats on the new addition and looking forward to seeing what you do. I also have a large family so I'm excited to see the direction you go with this build. I use my van for a lot for both hauling and family trips so some sort of transformer set up would be cool to see. And of course any of the cool stuff you're doing like the 4x4 conversion, bumpers, etc.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
@Weldtec Designs congrats on the good news! I just picked up a 2011 express 3500 155" for my growing family. I was wondering if 265-70-17 or maybe even 285-70-17 tires fit with your 3" spindle lift. I'm not sure if I want to go the full 5" since we'll be using the van mostly for road trips and light offroad camping. thanks

Currently my Chevrolet Express 3500 van has the 5" lift on it and I love it! Of course I added the rear leaf springs for a smoother the ride and its nicccce..... There are a couple options if you only want to do the spindle with an add a leaf and Negative overload replacement.
I will have a 4 month old kit for sale in 6-8 weeks as we will be converting mine to 4x4 in this years Sema build.

IF YOU OWN A CHEVROLET EXPRESS OR GMC SAVANA MAKE SURE YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD AND OUR SOCIAL MEDIA..... LOTS OF COOL STUFF COMING......

joshsm1tty

Currently my Chevrolet Express 3500 van has the 5" lift on it and I love it! Of course I added the rear leaf springs for a smoother the ride and its nicccce..... There are a couple options if you only want to do the spindle with an add a leaf and Negative overload replacement.
I will have a 4 month old kit for sale in 6-8 weeks as we will be converting mine to 4x4 in this years Sema build.

IF YOU OWN A CHEVROLET EXPRESS OR GMC SAVANA MAKE SURE YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THIS THREAD AND OUR SOCIAL MEDIA..... LOTS OF COOL STUFF COMING......

that 4 month old kit is tempting and 6-8 weeks may give me enough time to save up. looking forward to see how the new build goes.

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
I’m looking forward to a 4x4 conversion! Please take the time to explain how it all goes together because your kit still seems too mysterious to me. What parts/brackets are WTD, what GM/stock aftermarket parts you use, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRLexpress

Observer
I’m looking forward to a 4x4 conversion! Please take the time to explain how it all goes together because your kit still seems too mysterious to me. What parts/brackets are WTD, what GM/stock aftermarket parts you use, etc?

X2

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor

You got it MAT & DRL..... I will do a layout of all of the parts that go into our 4x4 conversion similar to what we do in our other kits.
Thanks for being active in this thread and it looks like this is going to be an easy build if all we have to do is convert this to 4x4.

bbbthreat

Chevrolet Express OEM leaf spring upgrade

Thanks! I also Really like the Bronze wheels on the white. These tires are 245x70x17.

Next UP:
We have built a new OEM replacement mini leaf pack. We are putting it through the test now and looks to be holding up great without the harsh ride the stock rear leaf springs have. This simple upgrade will be an inexpensive upgrade to improve the stock setup or can be used with our rear add-a-leaf to give you an additional 2" of height. We will keep you posted on the results.

Thanks for following and the comments.

Jeremy

How does this leaf setup do when loaded up, say when pulling a heavy trailer? Or is it primarily for when van is unloaded?

I currently have a 2/1" lift w/ Fox shocks, but I can feel that rear end (a lot) on rough roads. Van settles out nicely when towing 8500 lbs of toyhauler, but I only do that 5x a year. Just curious if this would be a good upgrade (especially when I eventually upgrade to lift spindles and bigger blocks in the rear) or would I pay for it when towing?

Also, great work on the build and congratulations on expanding your family!

Last edited:
I don't get to get on here too often and wanted to say congrats on the upcoming baby!

Also, I've sat in the seats Jeremy mentioned earlier in this thread and they are very nice. Jeremy and the Weldtec Designs team are coming up with some great stuff for us Express/Savanna owners.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
Kaiden is ready to get this build underway! here is a fun little video we did to kick off this Sema 2018 build. We are a little behind but parts are coming along. We would love as always what you guys want to see done?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne