Expedition Portal Joins Sema build with @weldtecdesigns

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
I am definitely behind on posting the videos in this thread, after Sema it been back to the grind to get real jobs finished out the door. Take a look at this video of the last day at SEMA along with a visit to the WARN INDUSTRIES booth.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
We want to thanks all of you that support our business as well as the active participants here on Expedition Portal. 2018 was a fun year with a lot of really cool builds and getting ready to welcome a new addition to our family in FEB 2019. Here is a new video overview of 2018......

We would love to hear what would you like to see in 2019?

marret

Nice video.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, here is what I'd like to see.

Your website has the mini-fenders on backorder. Going to get more?

How about fender flares?

How much do the rock sliders weigh? Any chance for them in aluminum? I'd add them but I'm about maxed out on weight.

Thoughts on aluminum steps or "running boards"? My wife has been asking about steps after the lift...

marret

I haven't gone without. Truth is I only rub in certain circumstances, with the tires turned with enough suspension compression, so I haven't worried about it really.

wjeeper

Jeremy-

Love the front cab mount trimming video you just posted! Its on the to do list for me. My 265/75R16's just barely kiss it at full lock and near full bump. The 255/85r16's i am swapping to later this year are going to need the extra clearance.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
If you missed it? we posted a highlight video showcasing our Sema 2018 Lightforce build.

We have a ton more videos coming in 2019 so make sure you SMASH that subscribe button!

Thanks
WTD

joshsm1tty

I had the @Weldtec Designs overload spring replacement leafs installed on my 3500 155" stock passenger van last Friday and what a difference! The suspension compliance was immediately noticeable even before I left the parking lot. I went on a 600 mile road trip up the coast with the family to really get a feel for it on the open road. Everyone was happy that the crashing and stiffness was gone from the rear end making for a much more comfortable ride. I can actually drive it on the street and not have to avoid decent size potholes. Big thanks to Jeremy and crew for a solid product. Jeremy also took me for a spin in his personal SEMA demo van...unbelievable. He was pushing it hard on the streets and a heavily rutted gravel/dirt road after the rain and it HANDLES. I used to autocross for 6-7 years and I'd actually be willing to bet he would lay down some respectable times with his beast. He was pulling tight 180 turns at speed in a parking lot and the van was hooked up even without 4x4 engaged. I'm building my van bit by bit with "as needed" parts but it's great to know a local San Diego company puts out this much quality and is dedicated to making these vans ride and perform the way they do. Further more, all of his suspension parts are modular. So you can build as your needs or wallet allows. I actually think his interior setup is next on my list rather than the suspension though. The seats and floor/rail system are SWEET. I don't know anyone else with a domestic van but @Weldtec Designs will get the nod from me if I ever do.

Weldtec Designs

Supporting Sponsor
We recently had the chance to head out to 57TH Annual Tierra Del Sol desert Safari in Truckhaven. This is a mostly jeep event but we figured why not take the Chevrolet Express 4x4 out to have some fun, and boy was it a good time. Here is a video of the event along with us going on a Jeep run. It was so funny seeing the reaction of other off roaders seeing the van out in the hills where it was 95% Jeeps.
Please leave a comment in the video section, we would love to hear what you guys think.

Raul

Adventurer
It's great to see that she is not kept on a plastic box with the original wrap.

Nothing more rewarding than following the steps of super duper machines in something that was not supposed to be there.

freewayross

Adventurer
Is the 4x4 kit compatible with Savana's with 6.6 Duramax? I see that weldtech website only lists the gas version of the van in the kit page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles