Westward Wander - 8 Day Solo Expedition from Mississippi to the Mountains

Bighead

Adventurer
Excellent trip report.

One vehicle related question...are your tires stock size or did you move up to 275s?

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
FANTASTIC REPORT!!

Thank you so much for sharing the trip and beautiful pictures!!!! I could almost feel the desert wind......

wngrog

Adventurer
Great report and write up this trip was great for the eyes and soul, thanks for taking us along! After just spending 6 days in your home state of Mississippi, that is another area that is great to explore hope to read a bit of local Mississippi back roads from you also!

My local Mississippi blog on FB and IG is called See and Eat Mississippi. Follow along and hit me up if you come back I have hundreds of miles of Backroads mapped.

wngrog

Adventurer
Looked like a great trip!

I tried to do Schnebly Hill Road last week. The section between the Merry Go Round and Vista Point lookout is closed for repair until later this month and then another section will be closed for repair till late August, I can't remember which section. The Forestry website says it's open and the ranger didn't tell me it was closed, I was planning to drive up it from Sedona and camp up the top but couldn't. https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/coconino/alerts-notices/?cid=stelprdb5339811

The road was rough and slow going but not difficult. I will go back up later in the year and finish off the rest of the trail and see what they have done.

Man. It was so rough. Beautiful but never ending basketball boulders.

nathane

Love the report and photos, I'm so looking forward to coming over there in a couple of years time to explore for a while. This is fantastic inspiration.

DetroitDarin

Scratching a 10 year Itch
loved this today - even a year after the fact. How are you liking the 6D? Most of the images are tack-sharp. Nicely done.

...living vicariously through this thread today...

Can you talk about the 4Runner? How's that holding up for you? Any more wheeling or other expeditions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles