What are you wearing?

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
Since this isn't a "cycling" forum, per-se, I thought I would ask what you wear while riding multi-day trips? Plain and simple, I am not a jersey and spandex shorts-type guy. I have jerseys, but I wear them mostly on training and social rides (where I am not working medical support) with the exception of one long-sleeved Adventure Cycling Association jersey that I wear a lot in the spring and fall. Normally, I wear a yellow "fishing" or "expedition" shirt for riding on roadways, and green or tan off road. They fit me better (In other words, I don't look like a sausage.) breathe well, have big packets for stuff, the long sleeves roll up and have retainer tabs, and they have the added advantage of an SPF rating of 45-50. I also wear baggy shorts, usually zip-off police cyclist pants (I am a park ranger) again that breathe well, and have plentiful pockets, including a pen pocket. On the feet I have several choices; my bike patrol shoes, which have semi-rigid soles, my old MTB "racing shoes" and on long trips, light weight hiking boots with the knot behind the tongue.

Since I survived a (non-cycling related) TBI several years ago, and I love solo tripping, my agreement with my wife and adult daughters is that I wear a helmet whenever I ride. (And carry a SPOT Tracker) Sometimes I can get away with my "Dr. Livingstone" pith helmet that my grandkids think is cool, but usually I wear a white ANSI approved bike helmet. White reflects the sun and heat better than other colors. Gloves, sunglasses, that's about it.

Any thoughts?

2WExplr3.JPG

Ride safe,
Hans

Any thoughts?

Ride safe,
Hans

Attach your chin strap, it will stay on better. Just kidding, I'm sure you aware of this.

I'm a big fan of Endura Humvee Light padded shorts, they have pockets, including 2 with zippers, elastic waist, zip fly and a quick lock belt. Plus they are above the knee. I mostly wear a loose fit NMBP jersey, but I need to look into a loose fit shirt like you are wearing. My riding style has gone to really casual in the last year or two. I'm no longer using clipless, and I really like just wearing whatever shoes I have on.

I'm all about comfort, and if you are comfortable, go for it. I feel half naked without a helmet, so for me, it's always on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior